Senior Salesforce Technical Architect
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
The Senior Salesforce Technical Architect provides day-to-day leadership, development and support of DigitalOcean’s Salesforce environment and other integrated services that power operations. This role is more than just a lead developer or an order taker; it’s about architecting the right solutions. The ideal candidate understands the complete operations systems ecosystem and will drive the architecture and technical implementation with an overall ownership of our Salesforce/Service Cloud as well as billing, marketing and other system within the environment. You will own all connected tools and integrations to help us adopt and implement the right third-party systems to run the business.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Requirement Analysis and Technical Feasibility
- Break down requirements into business and functional requirements
- Work closely with the business teams and be able to talk about tradeoffs; work closely with developer to ensure requirements are met
Process & System Design and Implementation
- Identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver a comprehensive solution that will enable achievement of the desired business outcomes
- Collaborate with other teams to create and support data integrations between Salesforce and other business systems for billing, marketing, etc
- Perform hands-on solution design, solution architecture, architecture roadmaps, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, and development tasks as required in support of current and new projects
- Work with developer to implement internal and external solutions. UI
Application Development and Modification
- Understand system product application roadmaps, proactively planning for enhanced business capability and implementing
- Developing key integrations between all of our connected tools for support, billing and business operations
- Responsible for functional testing for new enhancements and system integrations
Support and Maintenance
- Manage all support requests, including administering and maintaining user accounts, roles, and profiles and troubleshooting reported bugs
- Create and maintain tools that integrate and complement our business systems
What We’ll Expect From You:
- History of working in a fast-paced environment; SaaS environment preferred.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or related experience.
- Strong and deep technical background in Salesforce.com, Service Cloud, and modern development languages such as Ruby and/or Go
- Experience in implementing other systems outside of Salesforce
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.