Senior Data Analyst
Global Business Analytics
Senior Data Analyst
VICE Media is building a Global Business Analytics (GBA) team in order to deepen our data driven decision making abilities. We want you to be a part of its success!
Focusing on Transformational Analytics, you are well versed in data modeling, analytics development and insights presentation. Working with stakeholders across VICE, you produce exploratory solutions and methodologies, improving understanding of our data and leading to business insights. As a key point of contact for creating and implementing analytics which move the needle on VICE’s strategic imperatives, you seek to understand our ecosystem of products, content and audience. Through this analysis you will improve the experience, efficiency and effectiveness across all areas of VICE. Your core internal stakeholders include global executives, product teams and business users across the company. Your investigations inform requirements for GBA’s operational analytics team, establishing high fidelity, self-service decision making tools for our stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Bridge the needs of business teams and VICE’s data potential, proactively engage stakeholders to understand requirements and drive vision to reality
- Provide guidance and implement strategic and tactical approaches to wrangle new data sources and generate actionable analytics from research
- Present results of analysis to global stakeholders, advocating and enhancing data informed decision making abilities
- Propose avenues for operationalizing data insights, creating requirements documentation for data teams
- Partner with the VICE product team, suggesting improvements to systems which increase data usability and long-term value
Qualifications and Experience:
- 4 or more years of business analytics or data science experience
- SQL skills + scripting languages like Python or R
- Deductive thinker with ability to distill business needs and goals into actionable data requirements
- Excited about entering into a fast-paced, high growth, environment within a newly formed Global Business Analytics team
- Confidence in communicating findings and recommendations persuasively, in a compelling and easy to understand manner.
- Media, Advertising, E-Commerce, or Consulting industry experience a plus