Senior Backend Engineer
NS1 is disrupting the DNS and traffic management spaces. Our Managed DNS offering is powered by a world-class global network and deep traffic management technology that enables our customers to optimize their application's delivery and streamline their DevOps processes with our next-gen platform. Our Dedicated DNS offering lets our customers harness the power and flexibility of our groundbreaking DNS platform in their own network or in the cloud. And our Pulsar offering enables our customers to manage their application’s traffic based on what really matters to them using real-time performance data captured from actual end users.
Our customers include some of the biggest properties on the Internet, such as Yelp, Imgur, LinkedIn, Pandora, Salesforce, Lexmark, Dropbox, OpenX, Catchpoint, and more.
We’re looking to add a new member to our small but fast growing engineering team: an experienced Backend Software Engineer who can dive in to our extensively automated, globally distributed system, summoning their deep technical background to drive new innovation in the software and tools that run our cutting edge traffic management platform.
We’re looking for an autodidact who can immerse themselves in our platform immediately, leveraging existing technical strengths and teaching themselves the systems that are new to them. You should have broad knowledge of the technologies in modern infrastructure operations and automation and be able to offer constructive advice for improvements while using and scaling the systems in our existing platform. You’ll take responsibility for the quality of your code, and your daily work will have an immediate company-wide impact.
- Our globally distributed platform comprised of many subsystems including:
- custom architected, distributed servers
- DNS and traffic management
- client node monitoring
- internal load balancing
- client data ingestion
- internal metrics and statistics
- REST API
- Integrations with third party SaaS, APIs, and libraries
- Our extensive internal functional and unit testing suites
- Internal tools for development, building, testing and deployment
- Packet capture and analysis, DDoS mitigation tools
- Various Open Source projects, including our REST API clients and integrations
Working @ NS1
We’re a small, well funded startup with a casual work environment and strong work ethic. There’s a lot to do so we keep meetings and process to a minimum. We’re headquartered in NYC’s Financial District. We like to have fun, but skip most of the fancy startup gimmicks (fresh beer yes, gourmet chef and afternoon yoga no). We prefer candidates local to NYC or SFO, but will happily consider well qualified remote employees.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.