Security Site Reliability Engineer (Relocation Provided)
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
My name is Jeff and I’m one of the Systems Engineers at Grubhub. We’re looking for a few more talented systems engineers to join our team and help us improve our infrastructure, tools and metrics. Rather than the normal HR style of job description, we thought it be best if you heard it from someone performing the role on a daily basis.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Provide guidance and support during all phases of development around scalability, availability and performance
- Write lots of code (Python) to extend our deployment platform
- Be a subject matter expert on how the platform operates (service discovery, load balancing, monitoring/metrics, etc.)
- Direct a small team of SREs to provide security for multiple internal and public websites - including grubhub.com and seamless.com
- Research and identify best practices, in both operations disciplines and within the security realm
You Should Have
- Understanding of OWASP best practices, common attack vectors and vulnerabilities, cryptographic methods
- Oauth2, SAML and other authentication technologies
- Experience building complex distributed systems. In this role you are the one gravitating toward operational concerns of the team, focusing on reliability, performance, capacity planning and automation of everything
- Proficient in high level script languages such as Python or Ruby (Python preferred)
- Experience developing solutions leveraging Docker
- Experience managing Linux (Centos, Ubuntu) systems
- Configuration management experience with Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Building/implementing monitoring for network, server and application status
- Experience with monitoring tools such as graphite, nagios, Datadog, Runscope
- Experience with log aggregation systems using splunk, logstash, loggly, elasticsearch
- Continuous integration, testing, and deployment using git, jenkins
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Couchbase, Mongo)
- Experience with Hadoop (Cloudera, DataStax), mahout and other big data platforms
- Exceptional communication and troubleshooting skills
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.