Technical Account Manager
Reports to: SVP, Customer Success
Location: New York, NY
Help shape the future of how people experience the digital world. You'll be at the forefront of an exciting shift in how digital identity authentication allows companies and consumers to transact with trust in the digital world.
We’re actively looking to add exceptional people to our team who align with how we envision ourselves culturally and professionally. As a lens to how outsiders see Payfone, you will represent a team of people who love what they do and who they work with.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a senior consulting role. The TAM is responsible for driving customer success and partners closely with internal and client teams to optimize and successfully deliver client implementation and ongoing maintenance of Payfone products and services.
The TAM will drive the customer to increasing levels of value realization. The successful candidate should expect to hold quarterly business reviews with the customer and the customer’s executives. During those meetings, the TAM will present the status of the Payfone project as it relates to the client’s business.
The TAM consultatively develops clear solutions to use cases with our proprietary software products. This role supports the internal and external processes that lead to onboarding, satisfaction, growth, & retention with a focus on connecting customer needs to our capabilities. The candidate has a strong command of data analytics, business analysis, solution design, application architecture, project management, & consultative solution selling.
Please note that the Payfone offices are based in New York City but the technical account manager will be expected make visits to client sites in Connecticut several days per week.
As a member of the Customer Success organization, the Technical Account Manager will:
- Conduct quarterly business reviews, presenting the status of the project and the value achieved to key stakeholders at both Payfone and the client
- Identify business requirements, define use cases, and understand data sources that support KYC, Fraud, Compliance, SME lending, and other client problems
- Match compelling customer pain points with product capabilities
- Articulate product capabilities, leveraging knowledge of statistical research methods & software systems
- Partner with internal project team(s) to define current and projected work flows that translate business requirements to specifications to be supported using software product(s)
- Train clients in the use of our tools, establish reputation as trusted partner
- Effectively manage projects with varying levels of breadth and depth in support of customer onboarding and ongoing maintenance of the Payfone integration including data vendor partnerships, compliance/regulatory administration, internal project documentation, documenting technical specifications for engineers
- Use consultative selling to support customer onboarding & account expansion
- Execute cost benefit analysis and financial modeling
- Onsite as needed under direction of the client 40-80% of the time
Education & Experience
- BA/BS (or MA/MS) in relevant field
- 3-5 years’ experience in customer facing roles with technical expertise
- Strong ability to influence through consultation, especially at varying levels of leadership in global matrix organizations
- Strong command of application and API architecture and design
- Polished interpersonal style, strong communication skills, and solid emotional intelligence
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong alignment with core organizational values
- Passionate about data driven business transformation
Nice to have:
- Solid project management expertise
- Business transformation leadership experience
- Degree from top tier university
- Big 4 Consulting Experience
- A background in either fraud, risk, or telecommunications is helpful
What You’ll Gain:
- Put your own mark on the customer implementation and hand-holding process
- Stretch yourself to help define and support something entirely new that will impact billions
- Accelerate team progress with organization, process, and action
- Gain exposure to a company that has more institutional knowledge in emerging trust and identity management than perhaps anyone in the market
- Be with a team solving problems and learning
- Small enough where you matter, big enough to have the support to deliver what you promise
- Generous benefits & competitive compensation
A compensation package composed of a base salary and equity component will be structured to attract a uniquely qualified candidate. Excellent health benefits are included.
Payfone is the leading digital identity authentication network for the connected world. Our real-time, passive identity authentication solutions enable consumers and the world’s largest banks, insurers, brokerages and technology companies to thwart digital identity theft and transact with trust. Learn more athttp://www.payfone.com and https://www.linkedin.com/company/payfone.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Payfone is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.
No employment sponsorship will be provided