Strategy and Business Development Director
As the Strategy and Business Development Director at Compass you will sit at the heart of the company’s growth engine, and lead strategic initiatives and operations to accelerate our top-line growth. Compass is one of the fastest growing companies in the country: you will build, manage, and collaborate with an exceptional team and interact with the company’s executives on a daily basis. Whether executing strategies to drive market share, developing and deploying new ways to scale the business, or exploring new business lines and monetization initiatives, you will whiteboard and follow-through on strategies that will help Compass achieve its lofty potential. You are a proven leader that has built and grown successful teams – you love to work hard, and people love to work for you.
At Compass You Will:
- Build and lead a team of Strategy and Business Development Associates and Managers
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives and operations to accelerate our top-line growth
- Generate ideas for initiatives that refine Compass’s strategy by generating new areas of growth, and generate dedicated teams to execute them
- Work across Engineering, Product, Sales, Finance and Agent teams to implement new business initiatives
What We Look For:
- 7+ years of experience in management growth-company business development, consulting, or finance
- Proven track record to be able to hire and manage exceptional talent
- Ability to empower teams to achieve their goals by creatively knocking down any roadblocks they face
- Outstanding strategic planning skills and effective project management of step-change initiatives that have created 20%+ inflections in the valuation of businesses
- Solution-oriented mindset and work approach
- Excellent communicator who can effectively manage multiple stakeholders
- Charisma and a natural ability to connect with others
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.