Senior Manager, Enterprise Channel Development
Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About this position:
Foursquare is seeking an experienced and seasoned Senior Manager, Enterprise Channel Development to expand our enterprise channel sales strategy and execute successfully against it. You are a highly motivated, proactive self-starter who can operate in a fast-moving environment. You will primarily focus on driving Foursquare’s go-to-market strategy for strategic partner sales and converting opportunities with leading mobile marketing companies, marketing clouds, global tech companies, SaaS platforms, and digital agencies. You already have a deep understanding of how location data and mobile technology can be utilized by customers of these partners, and will help to define Foursquare’s approach and grow our portfolio.
Foursquare’s location intelligence is embedded in an ever-expanding range of digital consumer experiences across a wide range of businesses. Our platform powers leading applications in social media, communication, dating, ride hail, transit, navigation, and media. It is also relied on by decision-makers in finance, retail and CPG who seek an edge over the competition. Our partners use our Pilgrim SDK and our Places database to solve large-scale business problems and revolutionize mobile engagement. Foursquare’s well-known consumer apps are built on top of the same powerful platform that powers the likes of Samsung, Apple, TenCent, Twitter, Uber, and Microsoft (among others).
This role will be based out of San Francisco or New York and will require up to 20-30% travel.
- Establish partnerships that drive significant contributions to Foursquare's revenue and user growth through indirect licensing of Foursquare data & developer tools
- Cultivate relationships with C-level and senior executives at targeted strategic partners
- Lead the partnership and deal process, from strategy/planning, commercial modeling, outreach, terms negotiation, contract drafting, and negotiation, through implementation
- Develop strong relationships across the Foursquare organization, including the business, legal, product, marketing and engineering organizations
- Represent Foursquare as a spokesperson and evangelist at industry events in the US and abroad
- Travel for meetings, conferences, and events (est 20-30%)
- The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of relevant business development, channel development, alliances development and deal-making experience
- Successful track record as a business development leader at a leading mobile , SaaS, or digital technology/software related company
- Comfort with various indirect sales models, ranging from product integrations to marketing/sales referral relationships
- Familiarity with Foursquare’s consumer, data, and mobile products
- Direct experience with data and API-based partnerships and integrations, data licensing and/or mobile SDK integrations
- Outstanding communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations
- Relentless perseverance through long and complex strategic deal cycles
- Strong network of close industry contacts across startups and larger enterprises
- Experience showing consistent results
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree, MBA/MSc Degree is a plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.