Senior Manager, Business Development
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
Are you passionate about partnering with others and building a business? Do you enjoy strategically seeking out new opportunities? We’re looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join our Business Development team!
The Business Development team is responsible for establishing and growing revenue-generating partnerships at Policygenius. We are creative and data-driven in figuring out ways to grow the business; currently employing referral relationships, affiliates, newsletters, content marketing, and more integrated digital solutions for our partners. We look for win-win opportunities that benefit both us and our partners. In the first-ever role of its kind, the Senior Manager, Business Development will report into the Director of Business & Corporate Development.
- Strategically prospect for new partnerships or grow existing opportunities
- Work cross-functionally across Operations, Product, Design, Marketing, and Engineering to get larger-scale partnerships properly implemented
- Engage with potential partners via phone and email, consistently communicating with a sense of urgency
- Contribute to strategic initiative projects (i.e. new product, new channel, etc.) via analytics, research, consumer insights, etc.
- Assemble clear and concise presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Establish, track, and report on KPIs, while routinely meeting or exceeding goals
- A Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of business development, consulting, or account management experience; financial services experience a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships with others to gain buy-in and achieve business results
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills; ability to understand complex business and product strategies
- A deep aptitude for numbers, passion for accuracy, and exceptional attention to detail
- A proven track record of meeting deadlines and collaborating with stakeholders across multiple teams
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)