Greater NYC Area
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented senior accountant to join our growing organization. In this position, you will handle all accounting operations within the company, verifying financial records and transactions. Working with professionals throughout the organization this position is both analytical and collaborative, as we work with business partners to promote best practices and process improvements, and report on financial results to our various stakeholders. You must have a keen attention to detail and maintain account balances, financial statements, general ledger, and all reports.
What You Will Do
- Manage general ledger and assist in month-end/year-end close processes
- Prepare journal entries and monthly reconciliations ensuring transactions are recorded in accordance with US GAAP
- Manage accounts payable and coordinate with operations on accounts receivable
- Prepare consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Analyze financial results and perform variance analysis
- Lead in creation of process documents for finance functions
- Develop procedures to improve efficiency
- Maintain and comply with company accounting procedures and internal processes
- Assist in preparing documents and interpreting complicated financial information for managers, executives, stockholders and C-Suite executives
- Assist with audits and tax preparation
- Maintain account balances including reconciling, researching and resolving all discrepancies
- Provide support to management as needed, including ad-hoc financial analysis, and special projects.
What You Will Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2-3 years of previous experience as an accountant or auditor
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Office Excel proficiency
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
- Ability to take initiative and operate independently, meeting required deadlines
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Proficiency with NetSuite ERP accounting software and experience with a software system implementation
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and to lead and drive complex initiatives.
At DailyPay, our mission is to offer people their first steps toward financial security. DailyPay partners with companies to offer employees the ability to control when they get paid. Not only does this solution empower financial wellness, but for the company, DailyPay acts as a tool to recruit, retain, and engage their workforce.
This is an opportunity to join a Series B funded financial technology company that is making an incredible impact in the market. It is an exciting time to join our growing team, where we are always learning and expanding our skill sets at an accelerated pace. We are a high performing, collaborative and ambitious team that is excited to make a big impact (in business and in the community).
DailyPay is dedicated to providing the environment, resources, and culture to empower and accelerate our employees professional growth and development. We believe that we are only as good as our people, so we invest in every opportunity to empower our workforce to succeed.
Full List of Benefits
Great health vision, and dental care
DailyPay provides lunch every day
Our compensation is competitive
Support in professional and career development
Monthly happy hours and fun team and company outings
Unlimited books from Amazon
Read Full Job Description