Senior Account Executive (Political Vertical - Democrat)
Fluent is a high energy, fun, and fast-growing digital consumer engagement company. Our mission is to transform advertising experiences through a genuine understanding of consumer wants and needs, thereby enabling intelligent user acquisition solutions for fast growing brands and organizations. Backed by a powerful team of experts and a sophisticated acquisition platform, Fluent leverages real-time, self-reported consumer insights to help our clients reach, acquire, mobilize, and retain their ideal customers and supporters. As the company continues to grow, the team is proud to be a premier partner to hundreds of leading brands, causes, and candidates; we also have a shiny trophy case with some tokens from Crain’s and Forbes
As our business continues to grow, we are looking to add an Senior Account Executive or above to our high performing sales team, expanding Fluent’s acquisition solutions client roster by prospecting and winning new client relationships. The right candidate will be an energetic self-starter with a focus on initiating & growing client spend on Fluent’s suite of data and performance-based marketing solutions.
We’re hiring for an experienced Democratic and Progressive Sales Leader to oversee new business development leading up to the 2020 cycle & beyond. Our ideal candidate is someone who has a digital marketing background familiar with acquisition and/or mobilization solutions. Position is open to a Washington DC based candidate to work remote, or from our Corp HQ in NYC
- Prospect, identify, develop, negotiate and, ultimately, close new accounts by uncovering opportunities from both new clients and existing active customers
- Through cold calling, emailing, and face to face meetings, win advertisers across various consumer verticals to include but not limited to: Political Campaigns & Causes, Nonprofits, Government Organizations and Issue Advocacy Groups
- Partner with Account Management and AdOps to onboard new clients to the appropriate data and/or performance marketing solution.
- Effectively represent and sell the value of the various performance-based pricing models.
- Represent Fluent professionally at conferences and events.
- Update and create sales proposals, pitches, presentations, weekly sales pipeline updates and reports.
- Ensure campaign and program execution against key performance indicators, in partnership with Account Management, Ad Ops and Product Management teams.
- Represent advertiser and sales perspective on new product improvements with product teams and review meetings.
- Organize internal and external teams to work together to drive deals through complex sales cycles
- 3+ years’ experience as a high performing sales executive at a Marketing Company or Agency
- Strong network of contacts within Democratic Campaigns & Causes and knowledge of DC landscape
- Deep understanding of marketing and acquisition & mobilization programs
- Demonstrated track record of prospecting and winning new business
- Ability to think creatively to drive solution development
- Ability to deliver results under pressure and show dedication to achieving revenue goals
- Understands complex customer requirements, be able to find multiple avenues of entry into an account, and has excellent prospecting and closing skills
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to write clear, persuasive proposals, emails and presentations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
At Fluent, we like what we do and we like who we do it with. Our team is a tight-knit crew of go-getters; we love to celebrate our successes! In addition to two fully-stocked kitchens, catered breakfast and lunch, and free workout classes on site, our office manager keeps the calendar stocked with activity-filled events. When we’re not eating, working out, or planning parties, Fluent folks can be found participating in recreational sports leagues, networking with She Runs It, and bonding with across teams during quarterly outings to baseball games, fancy dinners, and pizza-making classes. And we have all the practical benefits, too…
- Competitive salary
- Discounted gym memberships
- Ample career and professional growth opportunities
- Open office space for team collaboration
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with generous employer match
- The amazing opportunity to work for a high-flying performance marketing company!