We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
As we enter our next phase of growth, we’re looking for driven Sales Manager with a proven track record to lead a fast paced sales organization and help to make Flexport the leader in Global Trade! Help us solve real-world problems while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade.
What you’ll do:
- Build strong sales teams;
- Provide leadership and direction to a high-performance team, including hiring, training, and leading;
- Develop specific and targeted goals within each squad to expand and accelerate revenue opportunities within their unique customer sets;
- Create, monitor and manage key performance metrics;
- Find innovative and creative ways to improve and increase performance;
- Implement best practices to support consistent and consultative sales and client success processes;
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the rest of the Leadership Team to get things done.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience scaling client-facing teams in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven leadership skills, people management skills,
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively;
- Great with numbers including strong analytical skills;
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company;
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where you’ll be asked to take on and run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, and learn quickly;
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small;
- High integrity individual who’s enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education;
- Bachelor's Degree from a top-tier institution;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.