Sales Development Representative
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Thousands of businesses currently organize Meetups and ask how they can use the Meetup platform to connect their fans and followers in real life. So we recently launched Meetup Pro to help those organizations transform their audience into a community. We have signed up over 150 trial customers (including Google, Salesforce, Wordpress, MongoDB), and are adding more every day.
We are looking for a strong Sales Development Representative to introduce Meetup Pro to a wider audience. Our ideal candidate understands the importance of building sustainable relationships to support our long-term growth and delivering value, not just closing the deal.
As a Sales Development Rep, you will:
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up.
- Discover new markets and implement campaigns through outbound calls and emails to prospects.
- Discover and test new technology to handle inbound interest and facilitate outbound campaigns.
- Build a solid relationship with prospects to understand customer needs and requirements to provide input to our product roadmap.
- Improve internal knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Create customer success plans that can scale.
Who we're looking for:
- An authentic people-person: you have 1+ years of previous customer facing and direct sales experience and are comfortable working with everyone from C-Suite executives to interns.
- An entrepreneur: a self-starter who has a high sense of urgency and can work within undefined processes.
- An articulate communicator with a strong attention to detail: from in-person to phone calls, to emails - you get the right point across in all situations.
- An experimenter: you're comfortable trying out a number of different tools & processes in the short term that will get ironed out as the team scales.
- Someone who is detail-oriented: you're highly organized and can handle multiple prospects with ease.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in? Please include a cover letter with your application telling us why you are the perfect fit for a startup within a startup, and Meetup in particular!