Are you a self-starter that is goal-oriented? Are you looking to gain valuable experience in an entry-level sales role at a NYC based start-up? We want you to join our team!
H.Bloom’s Sales Associate will have 3 pillars of responsibility:
- Steady & Targeted Florist Network Growth
You will generate new business partnerships for the H.Bloom Florist Network by following proven processes to generate qualified florist leads and secure signed agreements for network memberships. Using strategic market research, diligent vetting and outreach campaigns you will convert florist prospects into active and participating network members.
- Florist Development & Training
You will continue to support, develop and tactically manage the vendors on the Florist Network. Along with the Community Project Manager, you will help vendors successfully complete on-boarding and any supplemental training. You will field questions and concerns from the network and act as a trustworthy representative between the florists and H.Bloom.
- Key Account Communication & logistical support
You will support our in-field sales and account management team with florist logistics, negotiations, conflict resolution, and scheduling. You will use our homegrown software systems to ensure records are up to date and correct for florists. General training regarding the floral and plant industry and our systems will be provided.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Identifying targeted partnership prospects to build an ongoing development pipeline
- Qualifying prospects by communicating with key contacts and influencers
- Conducting outreach campaigns via e-mail and phone calls to engage in conversations designed to explain the H.Bloom Network and membership benefits
- Speaking confidently with prospects about their operation in relation to H.Bloom
- Driving prospects to conversion with signed commitments and on-boarding scheduling
- Leverage CRM platforms and tools to increase and manage your pipeline and ensure all goals are met or exceeded
- Assisting network vendors with questions as they arise, while leveraging your relationship with them to ensure they remain committed to following the network requirements
- Participating in strategic development conversations based on your experiences prospecting, qualifying and converting
- Identifying where tools and resources may be applied to assist with conversion and further vendor development
- Assisting in the execution of successful deliveries across the US and Canada while continuing to meet and exceed set growth and development goals
- Facilitating order management by communicating with the appropriate parties in a timely and clear manner
- Maintaining a dependable relationship with our sales team to ensure revenue growth for H.Bloom as a whole
QUARTERLY / MONTHLY GOALS & EXPECTATIONS
This role reports to the Network Manager and is assessed by individual and team goals that are monitored on a monthly and quarterly basis. These goals are subject to change given network needs, etc. and will be communicated in the appropriate time determined by the Network Manager. It is expected that progress, hurdles, etc. are communicated to the Network Manager in weekly individual and Network team meetings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree is required. A BS in business administration is preferred, but not required. Other relevant fields will be equally considered including, but not limited to: communications, marketing, legal studies, political science, etc.
- 1-2 years of sales experience is preferred - Experience in account coordination, customer service, or partnerships will be considered as well
- Pre-existing botanical acumen is not necessary, but willingness to learn our industry including specific varietals and practices is required
- Leadership experience is valued highly
QUALITIES TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Confident and Outgoing
- Goal-oriented and competitive
- Motivated Self-starter
- Resourceful and proactive
- Comfortable with remote direction
- Independent and solution-driven
- Critical thinker and engaged
This role is largely a sedentary role and requires the ability to sit for long periods of time. Travel to Old Saybrook, CT or other areas for business purposes may be required, including overnight stays. This role also requires regular video meetings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice