About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the workplace management platform. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the We Company, after successfully being acquired in 2019. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
- You love to work directly with clients and partners (suppliers) on a regular basis - you’re not afraid to pick up a phone because we all do the little things to win
- In a perfect world, you and data analytics would have a secret attraction in knowing what data is important and how to draw insights
- You don’t shy away from ambiguity and love to solve tough problems
- You love learning the ins and outs of a new business along with helping others succeed
- You have a knack for teaching and explaining concepts to others
- You're a structured thinker - organized and detailed-oriented
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage partner relationships from onboarding through to service completion and, when required, offboarding.
- Analyze partner performance and conduct business review meetings, providing insights to help them grow and succeed with Q
- Support Q’s Growth teams on high-value business opportunities and at times, advise clients directly, through your knowledge of partners, pricing, and services that fall within your business
- Make data-driven decisions to balance supply and demand to ensure your business is aligned with the company strategy
- Maintain relevant industry knowledge and provide expertise to our Growth team through educational initiatives, presentations, and written resources
- Play an active role in ensuring partners are adhering to our clients’ expectations
- Oversee execution of partner acquisition efforts to ensure we have coverage for all key services
- Coordinate with our product teams to roll out new technology for our partners, along with provide recommendations as to how the company can improve the partner experience
- Support on strategic projects that impact the operations and growth of the business you manage and recommend changes as needed
- Maintain a pulse of the business you work on and report on performance metrics
- 2+ years of experience in a category management, supplier management, customer service, operations or a similar role within a high-output, challenging environment
- Experience managing vendors/suppliers, highly preferred
- Experience working in project management, construction, or space design preferred.
- Comfort with numbers required; evidence of analytical inclination desired
- Ability to effectively deal with ever-changing priorities and an evolving business model
- Customer service oriented and ability to work with a high sense of urgency
- Passion for helping others, no ask is too big or small
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to balance multiple priorities at once
Perks & Benefits
In addition to offering world-class health benefits, 401(k) matching, parental leave, and highly competitive compensation, Managed by Q also offers a work culture of psychological safety, transparency, and continuous learning. We have an Employee Resource Group, which leads the charge on wellness and inclusion initiatives, and host an annual all-company Hack Day (not just for tech folks). Every other week, all 165 employees get together over catered lunch to build bridges between teams, and monthly, one of MbQ's people leaders hosts a workshop for managers focused on effective leadership. As the newest member of the We Company, Managed by Q looks forward to expanding our perks even further.