Media Sales Consultant
The New York Daily News is seeking a driven outside sales professional to sell our portfolio of advertising solutions.
The New York Daily News, delivers a great working environment to learn on the job and gain valuable experience with opportunities for advancement.
Contribute to your community, drive local business and grow with emerging media.
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, rewarding and team oriented work environment
- Competitive base salary plus uncapped commission
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K, paid vacation and personal days.
- We will develop you professionally with great sales training, tools and research support
This consultant will be:
- Responsible for aggressive development of new clients and growing existing business. Proactively develops new business prospects.
- Meets with prospective and current clients to close direct sales of products and/or services in order to meet individual/team goals and the organization's business objectives.
- Creates, monitors and revises lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales opportunity pipeline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Advertising concentration preferred) or five plus year of equivalent direct sales experience
- Extensive Industry and product knowledge; print, digital, experiential
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing a CRM and Microsoft Office products to manage day to day activities
- Ability to excel in a highly competitive environment and adaptability to a rapidly evolving media landscape
- Effective relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated success in meeting revenue goals
- Excellent analytical, written, oral, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management skills and financial business acumen skills
- Creative flair and enthusiasm
The New York Daily News is part of tronc (formerly Tribune Publishing), one of the most respected media companies in the world.
tronc, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRNC) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, tronc operates newsrooms in ten markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, New York Daily News, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida's Sun-Sentinel, Newport News, Virginia’s Daily Press, Allentown, Pennsylvania's The Morning Call, Hartford Courant, and The San Diego Union-Tribune. Our legacy of brands has earned a combined 105 Pulitzer Prizes and is committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. Our brands create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.