Manager, Corporate Development
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about driving inorganic growth through strategic acquisitions, technology licensing and strategic partnerships.
We are looking for a Corporate Development Manager to drive inorganic growth initiatives at DigitalOcean. Reporting to our Senior VP of Strategy and Corporate Development, the Corporate Development Manager will work closely with Product, Engineering, and Executive Leadership to assist in company plan and execute corporate development activities. You’ll be involved in all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing strategic acquisitions and other deals that drive inorganic growth for the business.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Facilitate inorganic growth initiatives sourced from internal and external parties and support the end-to-end deal process
- Assist in all aspects of corporate development transactions, including target identification and assessment, business case development, deal execution, and integration planning
- Collaborate extensively across all functional teams within DO including our executive leadership
- Leverage professional networks and industry research to identify opportunities for growth and competitive advantage
- Maintain perspective on competitors’ market position, strengths, and weaknesses and how DO may be impacted by market trends
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of acquisition targets
- Assist with the formulation of acquisition target criteria and prioritization of target universe
- Conduct diligence on potential acquisition targets
- Perform valuation analyses based on detailed financial models using various valuation methodologies
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for review by senior executives and the Board of Directors
- Assist with negotiation of transaction terms and legal documentation
- Manage transaction processes among internal (engineering, operations, finance, legal) and external (business brokers and intermediaries, outside counsel) constituents
- Manage closing, post-closing & integration processes & activities as needed.
- Develop and maintain corporate development process documentation and operational tracking reports
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Prior experience working with or for technology companies
- Background in software engineering or working directly with software engineers
- Experience talking with developers and product managers in their own language
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure products and services
- Practical knowledge of finance and valuation analyses and experience targeting, identifying and assessing potential M&A targets
- Strong communication and writing skills experience with G Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels across the company
- Ability to create and deliver compelling presentations to leadership
- MBA with a technical undergraduate degree preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!