Inside Sales Manager
Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that combines engaging, leveled content with integrated formative assessments and insights to supercharge engagement and learning in every subject. Students and teachers use Newsela to find digital content from hundreds of the best sources—from National Geographic to NASA, Biography.com to Encyclopedia Britannica, the Washington Post to the Wichita Eagle. Content is instructionalized to meet students where they are, with interactive tools and analytics to take them where they want to go. Newsela has become an essential solution for schools and districts, with a presence in over 90% of U.S. K-12 schools. Newsela is the content platform for the connected classroom.
As a key member of our Sales leadership team, your role is to lead and manage our Inside Sales Executives. Using a data driven approach, you will identify new opportunities and create strategic plans to penetrate the market and develop long lasting relationships. You are responsible for hiring and retaining a highly skilled team that will look to you for support with their professional development and continued success in sales. You will link our incredible product with your expertise to bring Newsela PRO to schools across the country and, in turn, to revolutionize the way students become great readers.
- Lead all mentoring and coaching activities to build high performing and highly engaged inside sales team.
- Create realistic and appropriate goals, put action plans in place to achieve them and hold your team accountable to their productivity metrics.
- Ensure data integrity and appropriate use of Salesforce.
- Oversee tracking of forecasts and create reports to demonstrate progress.
- Meet and exceed team-based and company KPIs.
- Work closely with Chief Revenue Officer on sales strategy.
- Help support the close of business to drive ACV.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years of experience in inside sales role.
- 3+ years experience in a management or leadership role.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
- A team player – you have a track record of working collaboratively as part of a larger team on a mission.
- Process-oriented – you are obsessed with efficiency, removing roadblocks for the enterprise sales team.
- A solid communicator – you enjoy working with internal partners to solve problems.
- Entrepreneurial – you thrive on creating things that didn’t previously exist.
- Analytical – you love to mine data, unlocking key insights that drive strategic decision-making.
- A passion for education, technology and literacy.
- Experience selling to government institutions