Head of APAC Sales
About JW Player
JW Player is the world’s largest network-independent video platform. Founded in 2008 as the first open source video player, today JW Player’s customers span the globe across 193 countries and range from Fortune 500 companies to video-centric small businesses. The company’s flagship product, JW Player, delivers millions of plays per month across nearly 2 billion unique devices — OTT, mobile and desktop. In addition to the player, the company’s services include advertising, analytics, data services, video hosting and streaming. For more information, see http://www.jwplayer.com.
About the Role
As the Head of APAC Sales reporting to the Global CRO, you will guide a team of Singapore based Account Executives and support staff to drive the achievement of sales and profit objectives for the most powerful and flexible video platform on the web.
You will sell our revolutionary video solutions to the most popular content creators and publishers in the world and drive their efforts to meet their audience growth, engagement, and monetization goals. Above all, you will coach, maintain and build your team while making an unmatched impact in the booming video space.
In this role, you will:
- In the first twelve to eighteen months, be tasked to directly and indirectly recruit and grow a team of sale professionals.
- Position JW Player’s complete set of solutions for managing, publishing and monetizing video content to the publisher, broadcasters and media companies segment.
- Create, implement and own a sales pipeline to manage customer lead intake, outbound activity, prioritization and metrics for measurement of deal status.
- Continuously develop an extensive set of relationships at C-level, VP, and Director-levels across companies and across industry categories where JW Player could be a fit.
- Travel when necessary to meet customers and prospects.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of JW Player products and how they serve our customer's needs, including features, advantages, and benefits, and key examples of usage.
- Partner with marketing, sales management and product to drive go to market strategy for new market segments.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- 10+ years experience generating new SaaS sales or other customer-facing roles within the B2B, Technology and/or SaaS selling experience
- 5+ years experience managing a sales team of 5 or more
- “Refuse to lose” attitude and a proven record of successfully competing and winning
- Value sales driven and consultative
- Outstanding communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Passionate about new innovative technology
- Experience in media technology and/or video industry and familiar with terminologies such as CPM, SaaS, and APIs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have high ethical standards and level of integrity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.