Director, Strategic Partnerships - New Business Development
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
We’re looking for a Director, Strategic Partnerships to identify and close new partnership opportunities that will drive the core objectives of Grubhub: new users and orders. This is a great opportunity to go after a broad range of new partnership opportunities, including affiliate and promotional partnerships, that will impact our business and product.
This is a senior-level role that requires comfort and aptitude in forming productive relationships with C-level business partners. You’re a dealmaker and a thought leader. You’re a self-starter with amazing cross-functional management skills and the ability to proactively get involved in all aspects of the company. You know what’s going on in the product. You understand how we make decisions.
- Strategically sell Grubhub’s value to a broad range of potential partners
- Provide cross-functional leadership internally to gather and synthesize information, and execute on new ideas and initiatives
- Achieve significant growth in new diners and orders via negotiated partnerships with new partners
- Provide data and analysis to key business partners in order to evaluate and prioritize new partnership opportunities
- Prove economics behind early stage programs
You Should Have
- 10+ years’ experience in business development/partnerships/sales in relevant industries
- Proven experience managing large, strategic partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to significantly increase top line revenue and volume accounts
- Ability to operate independently to achieve critical business goals