Director of Sales Strategy
EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading private equity investors. We're looking for a Director of Sales Strategy to join us in a full-time capacity and help us to redefine the private investment industry. If you are interested in building relationships with leading pre-IPO tech company managers, Venture Capital firms, and other institutions to further increase the supply side of our marketplace, let’s talk!
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served 125+ premier tech and digital health companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 3 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 6500+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build and maintain relationships with leading pre-IPO tech company managers, Venture Capital firms and other institutions to further increase the supply side of our marketplace
- Manage and formalize our sales effort
- Cultivate and manage a pipeline of investment opportunities (inbound and outbound)
- Be held responsible for meeting (and exceeding) the company's ambitious transaction volume goals
THE RIGHT STUFF
- 3+ years' of sales experience selling within the C-Suite
- Experience working directly with CFOs and Founders of late-stage private tech companies in a capital advisory or financial capacity (Secondary liquidity, primary capital-raising, M&A advisory, payroll and financial services)
- Process-oriented, data-driven and tech-forward
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening and written)
- Works hard and smart with attention to detail
- Executed on secondary liquidity transactions with pre-IPO companies
- Management experience (at least 1 full-time direct report)
- Has participated in a recruiting cycle for junior teammates
- Data analysis experience in Elastic/Kibana + SQL
- FINRA Series 7 and/or 63 licenses (candidates will be expected to take both exams within the first 90 days of starting)
- Played a role in defining, tracking, and measuring KPIs for a sales or business development team
WHAT YOU'LL GAIN
- Helping to develop a cutting-edge FinTech marketplace
- Work cross-functionally with legal, deal, product, technology and marketing teams
- Report directly to one of the company's founders, Phil Haslett, Chief Revenue Officer
- Manage and grow the Supply team
- Equity, competitive salary, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, stocked fridge, supply of snacks, weekly catered lunch and more!
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate, mission-focused team that also knows how to have fun
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Read Full Job Description