Director, Sales Operations
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building innovative processes and tools that enable sales professionals to do their best work.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Operations/Sales Development professional who can be the right hand to the Chief Customer Officer and has worked with a broad portfolio of sales metrics, processes, and tools. You understand SMB and high volume inside selling processes and have experience implementing new processes in a rapidly growing sales organization.
In a Director of Sales Operations role at DigitalOcean, you’ll be instrumental in helping to build the company’s future. You will support our sales professionals and others through the design, implementation, and operational execution of end-to-end processes and tools. You will build a sales development function that will start small but quickly grows. You will eventually hire/promote managers to run sales development. You are looking to come in at the ground floor, to apply your skills and experience to develop the business processes and tools needed to help maximize DigitalOcean’s sales performance.
Priorities include collaborating with marketing on all lead generation tools & processes, collaborating with finance and product on quotes to cash processes and tools, working with sales management on sales metrics, sales process, tools, territory and quota model and go-to-market planning. Partnering with key functions in the company (Sales, Finance, Marketing, Customer Success, Sales Engineering, Product Management, etc.) is essential to shaping revenue strategy, optimizing execution across all channels, and enabling our company to scale rapidly. Critical functions include managing the sales development/lead generation programs, system management, planning, reporting, sales process optimization, sales program implementation, and sales policy definition and management.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide overall leadership and management of Sales Operations to cover: systems, 3rd party vendors, operational execution, reporting, policy development, and management
- Provide overall leadership and management of Sales Development to cover: recruiting, people management, the setting of processes & tools, measurement, and delivery of qualified sales opportunities
- Identify, continuously improve, and integrate all sales processes and policies, including but not limited to, lead management process, commissions, sales recruiting and hiring, etc.
- Develop and execute standardized sales performance reporting and analysis with the goal of making specific recommendations to support management decision making. Develop and maintain standard daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the sales team
- Implement comprehensive pipeline reporting tools tracking opportunities from lead generation to acquisition, account development/scale, and retention
- Own lead distribution and management in collaboration with marketing and sales
- Lead cross-functional initiatives and collaborating closely with sales, marketing, customer success, and finance
What We Expect From You:
- 8+ years experience in Sales Operations and/or Sales, SMB Sales experience strongly preferred
- Sales management experience - managing entry-level sales professionals in an inside sales environment
- Excellent analytical, business intelligence skills
- Expertise in Salesforce and the Salesforce ecosystem and other sales related software and tools
- Experience building a sales operations organization that continually improves delivery to our customers
- Demonstrated a focus on being able to translate data and metrics into predictable business insight
- Ability and credibility to work with the VP of Sales and the extended leadership team lead and facilitate cross-company initiatives
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communications skills
- Determined to create a performance and metrics focused culture
- High growth, start-up exposure is ideal
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Customer Success
Want to learn more about our Customer Success team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!