Director, Enterprise Business Development
Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About this role:
Foursquare is seeking an experienced and seasoned enterprise sales-focused Business Development Director. You are a highly motivated, proactive self-starter who can operate in a fast moving environment. The BD Director will primarily focus on identifying and converting enterprise opportunities in their specific vertical market(s). You already have a deep understanding of how location data and technology can be utilized by decision makers in these environments, and will help to define Foursquare’s approach and grow our portfolio.
Foursquare’s location intelligence is embedded in an ever expanding range of digital consumer experiences across a wide range of businesses. Our platform powers leading applications in social media, communication, dating, ride hail, transit, navigation and media. It is also relied on by decision makers in finance, retail and CPG who seek an edge over the competition. Our partners use our Places database, location technologies, and “Build” solutions to solve large-scale business problems and engage users. Foursquare’s well-known consumer apps are built on top of the same powerful platform that powers the likes of Samsung, Apple, TenCent, Twitter, Uber and Microsoft (among others).
This role will be based out of San Francisco or New York and will require up to 20-30% travel.
- Establish partnerships that drive significant contributions to Foursquare's revenue and user growth through licensing of Foursquare data & developer tools
- Cultivate relationships with C-level and senior executives in an assigned vertical or geography.
- Lead the partnership and deal process, from strategy/planning, pipeline development, prospecting, outreach, terms negotiation, contract drafting and negotiation, through implementation
- Develop strong relationships across the Foursquare organization, including the business, legal, product, marketing and engineering organizations
- Represent Foursquare as a spokesperson and evangelist at industry events in the US and abroad
- Travel for meetings, conferences, and events (est 20-30%)
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of relevant business development and deal-making experience.
- Successful track record as a business development leader at a leading geo-data, SaaS, or technology/software related company
- Deep familiarity with Foursquare’s consumer Internet and mobile products
- Direct experience with data and API-based partnerships and integrations, data licensing and/or mobile SDK integrations
- Outstanding communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations
- Relentless perseverance through long and complex strategic deal cycles
- Strong network of close industry contacts across startups and larger enterprises
- Experience showing consistent results
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA or MSc Degree is a big plus!
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.