Director of Business Development
Shapeways is a platform that enables creators to make their products come to life. In 2007, we created 3D printing as a service and have now delivered 10 Million products to a growing community of over a million creators around the world. Our smart, engaged, fun team works with cutting-edge technologies every single day to help creators design, make and sell. We're bringing together passionate people to change the future and empower anyone to be a creator.
Why is a Director of Business Development important to us?
Shapeways is looking for a Director, Business Development to develop business and revenue strategy, and execute deals.
The Director of Business Development oversees the development of strategic market/product line business plans and marketing programs to support sales in designated market segments; identifies volume and strategic customers, and develops partnerships. You will analyze market data to identify trends/opportunities, develop strategic direction from market information, and create compelling market analysis presentations.
As a Director of Business Development you will:
- Identify, negotiate, and secure strategic business opportunities to grow Shapeways
- Identify and research key strategic and tactical markets for Shapeways to operate in successfully
- Prepare high-quality presentation materials and RFP responses to win critical business partnerships
- Analyze each opportunity and develop business plans for partnerships including goals, timing, and revenue
- Conduct regular analysis of key areas for business growth and explore opportunities for business expansion
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- 10+ years of business development experience identifying, negotiating, and securing new deals
- BS or higher degree in a relevant field, business background preferred
- The ability to articulate and navigate complex, long-term sales cycles
- Exceptional and engaging communication and presentation skills
- An entrepreneurial mentality - you independently own and drive your book of business
- Ability to work independently with very little guidance and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge or previous experience in the 3D printing industry
Why join our team?
At Shapeways we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth. We put creators first. We are adaptable and resourceful. We focus on results and are all in. We are committed.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer great medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to the employee. We pay 100% of your medical coverage for the Core Medical Plan. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will invest in your future.
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave.
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus 5 sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life. Also, this year we piloted Summer Friday’s!
- Health & Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to Fond.co to standing desks to a pilot program with One Medical...we’ve got you covered!
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit towards 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.