Customer Success Manager
Greater NYC Area
At HyperScience, we use modern machine learning to turn documents into machine-readable data. Our customers receive a wide variety of documents, like life insurance applications, paystubs, utility bills, insurance claims, that must be processed quickly and accurately to better serve the people at these organizations, and their customers. Amazingly, this is all done manually today. We’re on a mission to change that!
Our product is already delivering value to large, blue-chip organizations in financial services and insurance, and we see a massive opportunity to expand to more industries and automate more business processes. We are looking for people who are excited to help us build upon this foundation and vision.
Founded in 2014 by Peter Brodsky, Vladimir Tzankov, and Krasimir Marinov, Hyperscience has raised over $48 million from SV Angel, The Stripes Group, Firstmark, Battery Ventures, and Felicis Ventures.
The Customer Success team at HyperScience acts as the customer’s trusted advisor and advocate, building and growing an ongoing healthy relationship with each customer. Team members are responsible for preserving our current business, opening doors for additional opportunities, and growing our customers into life-long HyperScience advocates. The Customer Success Manager (CSM) owns ongoing customer relationships with all assigned HyperScience customers. To start, CSMs will take the lead from the Implementation Manager as the implementation closes; in the near future CSMs will connect with customers immediately post-sales, work closely with the Implementation Manager, then continue the customer relationship post-implementation. The CSM also helps the customer roll out new use cases on an existing implementation or works closely with an Implementation Manager to roll out complex projects with existing customers. Successful CSMs will be excited by the challenges of learning a highly technical product, owning high-touch relationships with stakeholders at enterprise companies, and driving real improvement in customer operations through our software.
This is a full-time position located in downtown New York City reporting to the VP of Customer Success.
- Build deep, long-lasting relationships with our customers at multiple organizational levels, including executives
- Consult regularly with customers to fully understand their needs and actively solve their pain points
- Act as the liaison between customers and HyperScience to prioritize issues, elicit feedback, and present customers with new opportunities
- Monitor customer health to stay ahead of customer challenges and continually drive product adoption
- Actively manage and prioritize multiple customers with competing needs and varying processes
- Execute customer-facing training sessions and webinars
- Work closely with customers to build and execute effective project plans for new use cases; monitor project timelines and ensure milestones are met
- Collaborate with customers to help them understand and prepare resources necessary to implement HyperScience updates and releases
- Become a product expert by engaging with the product, investigating technical concepts, and actively seeking deeper product understanding
- Work closely with the Product team to advocate for new feature requests and ensure customer feedback is incorporated into product roadmap planning
- 3+ years experience in account management, customer success or consultancy
- High emotional intelligence, including curiosity, empathy, self-awareness, and integrity
- Self-starter able to take on tasks with minimal oversight and guidance
- Love of learning and an aptitude for absorbing and synthesizing technically complex information
- Proven ability to work with top executives on critical (and expensive) issues
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated project management skills with experience leading projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to interact with enterprise customer teams at various levels of technical and non-technical depth
- Available to travel to on-site customer meetings periodically - we expect CSMs will travel 10-20% of the work days each month. HyperScience works with both US and international customers
Benefits & Perks
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Paid gym membership
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6 month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A child care and education stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Read Full Job Description