Custom Curriculum Business Manager
Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that combines engaging, leveled content with integrated formative assessments and insights to supercharge engagement and learning in every subject. Students and teachers use Newsela to find digital content from hundreds of the best sources—from National Geographic to NASA, Biography.com to Encyclopedia Britannica, the Washington Post to the Wichita Eagle. Content is instructionalized to meet students where they are, with interactive tools and analytics to take them where they want to go. Newsela has become an essential solution for schools and districts, with a presence in over 90% of U.S. K-12 schools. Newsela is the content platform for the connected classroom.
As the Custom Curriculum Business Manager you will a member of Newsela’s Sales team. You will have the unique opportunity to help shape Newsela’s initiative to be the leading content resource aligned to the custom instructional requirements of current and prospective school districts across the country. You will work collaboratively with the Sales and Content team to execute and scale our production of custom content collections. You will use data, research and industry best practices to inform your day to day and rely on your creativity and ingenuity to ensure the final output is delightful to our readers.
The primary responsibility of Newsela’s Associate Enterprise Business Manager is to deliver custom content solutions that maximize revenue by meeting bespoke needs of current and prospective Newsela customers. The Associate Enterprise Business Manager must connect Newsela’s mission of unlocking the written word to the realities of District’s instructional priorities. This role centers on the following three areas of responsibility, listed in order of priority:
- Engineering Custom Content Deals
- Design custom content solutions through a consultative sales process.
- Sell custom content aligned with a district’s content and curricular needs.
- Evangelize the value proposition of Newsela’s Custom Content, while simultaneously leveraging a solutions-oriented approach to quickly synthesize instructional requirements to develop a custom custom solution design.
- Informing Content Sales Strategy
- Identify and evaluate custom content trends to inform future content investments.
- Scaling Custom Content across the Company
- Champion client needs, requests and untapped opportunities as identified by Sales to Content and Product leadership teams.
- Responsible for designing and implementing scalable systems that satisfy market demands by better meeting clients needs in less time.
The Ideal Candidate
- M.Ed in Curriculum & Instruction
- 3+ years teaching experience
- Curriculum writing experience (preferably in ELA and/or Social Studies)
- 1+ years Project Management Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience designing professional development for adults
- Track record of setting and monitoring progress towards reasonable metrics
- Capable of assessing current needs and designing responsive solutions that engage stakeholders
- Proven success working with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience facilitating consensus-building.
- Sales Enablement experience.
- Proficient in Excel and CRM Tools.
- Orientation towards systematization and scalability.
- Ability to galvanize groups around compelling missions and visions.