Channel Strategy Manager
BentoBox puts restaurants online. We are transforming the hospitality industry by helping restaurants stay at the forefront of technology. Our simple and integrated platform gives restaurants industry-specific tools to manage their website and digital operations, delivered in a SaaS model. BentoBox powers industry leaders such as The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Rose’s Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more.
The Channel Strategy Manager will initially be responsible for two key channels: Point of Sale Partnerships and Digital Accessibility.
With the POS channel, you’ll be striking partnership deals with POS companies so BentoBox customers can link their digital and in-store systems seamlessly. You’ll be negotiating terms, training outside staff, working closely with marketing, and ultimately owning the growth of each partnership.
With digital accessibility, you will play a key role in developing the go-to-market strategy of one of BentoBox’s most important new features. You will develop relationships with state and local restaurant trade groups, hospitality-focused legal firms, and existing customers to spread knowledge of this issue and ultimately drive new customers to BentoBox.
In this dual role, you’ll work closely with nearly every department at BentoBox, and as part of a rapidly growing company, there will be significant opportunity for growth and to expand the purview of your responsibilities within the Business Development department.
- Work with our existing POS channel partners to increase awareness of BentoBox within the channel, drive more referrals, and ultimately more sales.
- Use your creativity, salesmanship, and partnership skills to develop new POS partner channels.
- Prepare and deliver training both internally to BentoBox employees and externally to BentoBox customers on the topic of digital accessibility.
- Actively build relationships with state and local restaurant associations to ensure the issue of digital accessibility is being discussed and that BentoBox is being promoted as a solution.
- Research, connect, and build relationships with law firms and their hospitality practices to promote BentoBox as an option to the problem of ADA-related website lawsuits.
- Work closely with BentoBox’s product team on both our POS integrations as well as accessibility initiatives.
- Work closely with BentoBox Sales and Account Management teams on creating effective messaging to customers.
- Work closely with BentoBox’s legal counsel to ensure any customer-facing communication around accessibility protects BentoBox’s interests.
- Work closely with BentoBox’s marketing team to create engaging blog, social media, and other marketing content on the topics of both accessibility and partner channels.
- Give presentations, both in person and via webconference to a wide variety of groups from restaurateurs to digital marketers to lawyers.
- Handle often complex questions from BentoBox customers around our product capabilities.
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and values
Note that up to 33% travel may be required.
Skills and Attributes
- 2-5 years business development, partnership, and/or sales experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal; proficiency when speaking with people from different industries and diverse backgrounds
- Excellent presentation skills combined with the ability to create compelling collateral that delivers your message effectively
- Entrepreneurial mindset; constantly looking for new and innovative ways to solve problems; and have a track record of creatively delivering results with limited resources
- You love to hustle and are known for finishing projects ahead of schedule
- Strong networking skills; ability to walk into a room where you don’t know anybody and walk out having made a dozen new contacts
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines all at once
- You have been described by others as a “Jack/Jill of all trades”
Nice to Haves
- Sales and/or digital marketing experience
- Restaurant industry experience
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health insurance, including vision and dental
- Flexible vacation plan
- Friday lunches
- Culture perks like dinners at BentoBox customers, cocktail classes, etc.