Channel Partner Manager
Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the world of paper credit card applications and hidden interest rates by providing leading point-of-sale financing options for merchants across the e-commerce journey. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow merchants to integrate an installment loan financing and checkout experience anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread was started in 2015 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. We’re backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
We’re seeking a highly motivated and experienced business development professional to join a fast-growing department within Bread to help expand our distribution and scale. This scale is achieved through channel and revenue generating partnerships, or by partnering with product to put in place capabilities to enable our next set of solutions.
This role will be responsible for driving new strategic partnerships through the entire business development lifecycle: from sourcing, to negotiating and signing, to implementing and managing the relationship. Knowledge of and experience with e-commerce and the payments ecosystem is important.
The position reports to the Head of Partnerships and is based in New York.
Things you’ll do:
- Research, identify and execute potential technology and solution partnerships
- Build and manage a revenue generating partnership with each solution partner while consistently evangelizing the value proposition of Bread
- Establish goals and KPIs for each partner; systemize processes and track effectiveness
- Lead channel marketing initiatives to accelerate Bread’s distribution while evaluating ROI of partner activities to ensure success
- Collaborate cross-functionally to effectively launch and scale partnerships
- Collaborate externally across partner organizations to gain support and drive lead generation
- Stay ahead of a rapidly changing industry landscape within e-commerce, payments and consumer finance
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Desire to work autonomously and with a team to drive progress, help shape strategy, and take ownership in a dynamic environment
- Experience handling entire partnership deal cycles from pitching to closing to management with sizeable revenue potential
- Preferred experience with digital agencies, system integrators, developers and designers focused on ecommerce platforms
- Strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills; highly detail oriented
- Proven experience navigating complex sets of interests and stakeholders, and the capability to make forward thinking decisions
- Knowledge and interest in retail, e-commerce, technology and the online payments ecosystem
- Curiosity, a thirst for knowledge, and a desire to take on greater responsibility
- Strategic mindset and excel at relationships across all levels and cross functional business units
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has a great attitude, a strong work ethic and possesses an unwavering commitment to success and learning.