Business Development Representative
We are on the brink of the next industrial revolution.
Manufacturing has long been an analog world, but this is about to change. By introducing machines to the digital world, there’s a staggering opportunity for efficiency and production leaps. Oden is driving this revolution. We’re on a mission to eliminate waste in manufacturing.
We have combined industrial hardware, wireless connectivity, and big data architecture into one simple platform so all manufacturers can analyze and optimize their production, from any device. Efficiency, sustainability, and competitiveness are democratized.
Why We Do It:
We like to enable those who make things - to make more, to waste less, to serve their customers, and to thrive in a competitive world. Help enough makers, and the world can give us all the abundance we want for less cost and environmental impact. We’re on the verge of a 4th industrial revolution that begs for absolute efficiency in all factors of life. We plan to deliver that to everyone who makes things.
- Care about the mission of the product and company.
- Are never satisfied with the way things are, but excited about the way things could be.
- Are analytical, enthusiastic, and persistent.
- Are a team player and can think strategically about how to communicate an idea to a market.
- Empathize with customer needs while also looking towards long-term innovation.
- Live by transparent and scientific thinking. You put in the work to find the best ideas with those around you, without ego.
As a Business Development Representative, you’ll be responsible for finding the best new growth opportunities for industrial IoT and analytics. You'll be the first point of contact for new and growing users interested in factory efficiency and will develop key skills to effectively prioritize inbound leads, head up outbound campaigns, and establish business cases for new areas for growth. If you're hungry, analytical, persistent, and a great teammate, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To:
- Owning the sales process from potential lead to SQL
- Executing 50+ emails/phone calls a day to prospective companies
- Achieving quarterly MQL and SQL quotas and developing future targets
- Qualifying inbound leads
- Maintaining accurate pipeline and forecasts
- Developing tools and strategies for systematic growth in market penetration
- Representing Oden at industry trade shows and conferences
- Evangelizing Oden’s vision for Industry 4.0 and the progression of technological adoption in the manufacturing sector
- Developing and executing strategies to take market share from Oden’s competitors
- Passion and acumen for B2B and SaaS sales
- Track record of exceeding aggressive lead targets
- Understanding of the enterprise and how to navigate large organizations to successfully reach relevant stakeholders, promoters, and buyers
- Persistence, integrity, and a constant attention to a market’s needs
- Able to connect with people on a personal level, but you’re also a systematic thinker and know how to translate communication into scalable systems
- Have experience navigating complex corporate organizations and are adept at thoughtful, nuanced communication over both phone and email to executives and technical people alike
- Curiosity and enthusiasm about technology
- Exceptional communication skills
- Organized, independent worker
- Experience with CRM system is an asset
What We Offer You:
- Measurable impact to the world and the chance to help real people - family businesses, entrepreneurs, engineers.
- Exposure to many tech disciplines, most of which are rapidly evolving.
- A bridge between the physical and cloud worlds of tech. Our platform unites big data visualizations with sensors, and heavy industrial equipment.
- A platform that has the potential to evolve beyond what we have envisioned now.
- Scientific and transparent thinking, for everyone involved.