Business Development Representative
As a Business Development Representative at Honest Buildings, you'll have the opportunity to set the pace for revenue growth and put yourself on a track for rapid professional development. You'll directly impact the bottom line by creating new business for our sales team. Your day-to-day includes collaboration with the greater sales and marketing teams, market research to use account based tactics to identify new potential leads, and qualification of these leads by learning about their current and future capital projects. They assist the account planning cycle and ensure assigned accounts’ needs and expectations are met by the company in order to grow their accounts.
Our BDR team is highly competitive, extremely organized, and experts at aligning customer needs to Honest Buildings’ solutions. We’re looking for someone that’s been a top performer in past roles and has a proven track record of exceeding quota in an Enterprise SaaS sales environment.
- Consistently achieve quota targets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Use an Account Based Marketing approach to nurture your list of target accounts
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned accounts
- Leverage relationships to engage all decision makers to set meetings with the Account Executives
- Establish brand recognition within strategic accounts and nurture relationships if prospect is not in a buying cycle
- Organize content to help prep the AE for presentations and demos
- Demonstrate a consistent approach to sales outreach and follow up
- Complete strategic account plans that meet company standards
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of Honest Buildings solutions and connect that knowledge directly to customer ROI
- Maintain a high level of optimism, tenacity, and grit
- 0-1 year experience in a professional environment, preferably in a BDR or Sales role
- BA/BS degree required
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience cold-calling and cold-emailing a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce or any other intricate CRM a plus
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Comprehensive insurance options
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Free Lunch Fridays, catered every week
- An open, sunny workspace
- Strong office culture
- Happy hours, parties, and quarterly off-sites
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER WORKING AT HONEST BUILDINGS?
- You get to work with a group of 80+ talented teammates with backgrounds from Tishman Speyer, McKinsey, Urban Compass, Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Doberman, Equinox, Warby Parker, ChartBeat, CoStar, Cornell and Columbia. We're only 80 people today but we're on the precipice of a big expansion. Come be a part of helping to shape it!
- We've raised more than $47 million from top investors, including Thrive Capital and global real estate owners.
- We have lots of fun and have great startup perks, but we’re playing to win.
- You'll be tasked with great responsibility and make a huge difference.
- You’ll get to work on a fascinating problem in one of the largest sectors of the economy. Real estate / construction is one of the last big markets to be impacted by the onslaught of technological change and is ripe for disruption. We're using data science and a thoughtful top-down enterprise network strategy to do it.
- You will have an opportunity to work closely with the owners and developers who shape the built environment we all experience every day. All from New York City, the capital of the global real estate industry