Business Development Representative (Recent Graduates)
Greater NYC Area
Box is the leading Cloud Content Management company that empowers enterprises to revolutionize how they work by securely connecting their people, information, and applications. We have grown year over year and are continuing to add to our determined and energetic Sales team. Our Sales teams work to evangelize Box and uncover pivotal new accounts. Our teams have a creative, entrepreneurial spirit and offer room to grow and learn from highly successful salespeople in the tech industry.
As a Business Development Representative, you will partner and collaborate closely with members of our Account Executive and Marketing teams to generate qualified sales leads, set meetings, and yield new deal opportunities. Along with the collaborations you'll be prospecting and cold calling, cross-checking to navigate sales territories, and measuring success through analyzing data.
This is a fantastic opportunity to launch your career in software sales. You will be working in a fast paced environment and interfacing with all levels of buyers, including senior executives. You will learn how to create and execute an account plan while working alongside several Go to Market teams.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We are hiring more this year than ever before and need to efficiently scale out our hiring. That's where you come in.
Why you need Box
We believe in the importance of setting our sales teams up for success and we will train you in our robust sales training series. Our mission, to Work as One is at the cornerstone of our company, so expect to collaborate with your team and senior leadership to blow your customers' minds!
The team is a high energy, creative group of problem solvers that drive the demand, awareness, and interest for our market-leading Cloud Content Management solution. Most importantly, brace yourselves for growth. Through our established internal mobility program called Project Elevate, we pave the way for successful Account Executives to move segment sizes and the ability to transition into management/leadership positions. Seriously, some of our leaders started in Sales Development roles and grew with the company!
In this role, you will:
- Generate sales-ready meetings and opportunities for Account Executives using Box's qualification criteria
- Conduct high level discovery calls with Senior Executives in Target and Prospect Accounts
- Create, prioritize, and qualify strategic target account lists within a defined territory
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest through cold discovery calls, and email campaigns
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel the Box Commercial Sales and Enterprise Pipeline
- Utilize your active listening skills to understand and uncover customer needs and business problems to effectively communicate how Box can solve them
- Provide accurate lead distribution and thorough discovery to the assigned Account Executive
- Consistently achieve quota to ensure territory revenue and growth objectives
- Use and maintain the Salesforce.com system according to Box's standards; provide metrics on leads
Who you are
You are a motivated individual with a strategic and growth mindset looking to kick off a career in software sales. You like research and you are naturally curious, a strong communicator and have a knack for being quick on your feet. You have a desire to address pain points and transform organizations through our product. You will use these skills to make a positive first impression on all potential customers you interact with. Your engaging communication skills will help you connect with customers, pitch Box's value, and fill our sales pipeline with qualified leads.
Here's the fine print:
- This role is only open to students who completed/who are completing their undergraduate degrees in Spring/Winter 2017 Spring/Winter 2018 and Spring 2019
Read Full Job Description