Tessian Inc. is looking for a sharp, highly ambitious and entrepreneurial individual to be our first Business Development Manager, going forth into the US market to build our portfolio of business across all US sectors, including financial services and legal.
Tessian’s US business is growing at an unprecedented rate. Over the next 12 months, our team will continue to establish its presence in major US sectors, and define itself as one of the fastest-growing cybersecurity / machine learning companies globally.
You’ll be part of our Founding US team (
In addition, you’ll also play a key role in the dissemination of a world-class cybersecurity / machine learning technology, enabling firms to better protect their own employees and customers. Our Business Development Managers are not only relationship builders and account managers, but industry experts that represent Tessian as part of the wider cybersecurity ecosystem.
Additionally, at Tessian, we operate as a complete meritocracy. A high-performing team member may be managing his / her own team in a year's time and / or closing large-scale enterprise deals (10K users+). Your career progression has no upper bound.
Please note: we are unable to offer US Visa sponsorship
Day-to-day activities include:
- Collaborating with team members to find strategic ways to win new business
- Building and managing own client rolodex
- Researching industry & accounts to better understand need, enable effective follow up, and generate interest
- Presenting our product to senior executives in client meetings
- Navigating complex sales / budgetary cycles
- Successfully managing and overcoming prospect objections
- Reporting on metrics and revenue forecasts
- Producing ad-hoc presentations & documentation
- Building strong relationships with prestigious organizations across finance, legal, healthcare and other target sectors
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has 2- 2.5+ years in a high-performing professional environment
- Has a consistent track record of achieving excellence and exceeding expectations / targets
- Is articulate, highly credible, and capable of building relationships with senior business leaders
- Is a self-starter and thrives working independently and as part of a team
- Has a confident persona and is a strong networker
- Has high EQ & IQ
- Is results-driven & strives to be a high-performer
- Ideally has some experience in: professional services, B2B/ Enterprise/SaaS sales, cybersecurity/technology, working at a start-up or entrepreneurially
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues, and have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to start up an entirely new subsidiary of a fast-growth, Accel-backed technology company
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role
- Great startup culture
- Free office snacks & coffee provided
- 25 days of paid holiday leave (15 days of paid vacation plus 10 paid federal holiday days)
- Four tiers of healthcare, vision & dental insurance with the lowest tier insurance 100% paid for by Tessian
- Monthly subsidy towards a discounted gym membership in NY
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401k contribution matching up to 2% of Gross Pay (increasing to 3% in April 2019)
Tessian is a Sequoia-backed technology company. Tessian's mission is to keep the world's most sensitive data and systems private and secure. We're building the world's first Human Layer Security (HLS) platform to fulfil this mission.
We’re a team of mathematicians, data scientists & engineers building breakthrough machine learning and natural language technology to analyse, understand & protect enterprise email networks.
We’ve just announced our raise of $42m in Series B funding led by Sequoia, & partner Matt Miller is joining the board. Last year our business grew 400% and our team expanded from 13 to 120 people; we have ambitious growth plans for the next year, spanning all areas including our product offerings and our sales & marketing divisions. We’re excited about where this next phase of our growth will take us - we hope you are too, so we encourage you to apply today to be part of the next leg of the Tessian journey.
We’re backed by world-leading venture capital funds who’ve invested in companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox, Improbable & Transferwise & we’ve been named on the prestigious Forbes 30 Under 30 list, crowned the “Best Security Startup” by WIRED magazine, and awarded “Best Innovation in Data Protection & Privacy” by CogX.
You can check out some photos of our team on our Instagram, or take a look at our company page. You can also find us on Glassdoor.
Equality & diversity
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we're securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this. You can read our equality and diversity statement here.
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we're also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM, our CFO is the Chair of the WISE Campaign's Young Professionals' Board, & we're a founding member of the WEDS network driving diversity & inclusion in startups.
How to apply
Please click on the 'Apply for this Job' button below to be taken to the application form which will collect all the necessary information.
Want to make your application stand out? We value well thought-out, Tessian-specific cover letters; you can write yours in the 'Additional Information' section of the application form.
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.