Business Development Associate, Real Estate Partnerships
Managed by Q is the platform for office management. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and a deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the world’s leading investors, including Google Ventures, RRE, Homebrew, Greycroft, and Staples. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
About the role:
This role will focus on cultivating relationships with real estate brokers in order to generate referrals for our Project Management, Office Design & Build, Office Relocation, IT & Security services and Facilities services.
- Develop relationships with real estate brokers and educate them on Managed by Q’s offerings.
- Generate qualified referrals from real estate brokers for Managed by Q’s offerings.
- Explore, make recommendations for, and build partnerships with other players in the real estate space who could refer leads, such as General Contractor’s, designers, architects, engineers, expediters, and furniture vendors
- Meet and exceed monthly/quarterly quotes and key metrics while collaborating with Business Operations and Product as it relates to Project Management.
- Conduct meetings, walkthroughs, and follow ups to close referrals
- Attend sales meetings with Director of Project Management and assist in closing deals
- Coordinate marketing materials for referrals
- Commercial Real Estate background a plus
- Startup technology experience a plus
- Existing relationships with real estate brokers and other CRE stakeholders preferred
- 1-3 years of successful B2B selling experience, business development or real estate sales experience; preference given to those with experience selling to office managers, facilities managers, or HR
- You’re self-motivated and coachable: you don’t need somebody to tell you to do your job, but you welcome feedback
- You’re hard-working, driven, and intelligent
- Sales isn’t something you’ve fallen into, it’s something you’re passionate about
- Exciting opportunity at an ambitious company, that is creating the first operating system for the built world
- Competitive salary and flexible vacation policy
- Generous Stock Options
- No cost premium option for medical and dental insurance
- Casual dress and pet-friendly office
- Cold brew and Kombucha on tap
- Team lunches, happy hours and company outings
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG