Business Affairs Manager
Squarespace is seeking a motivated and creative-first Business Affairs Manager who can manage the legal and vendor procurement needs related to Squarespace’s global creative and content work. You are an excellent communicator who can build relationships across multiple teams - Creative, Production, Marketing, Finance, Legal - and can effectively assess and advise the Creative team under conditions of uncertainty. You are able to work under tight deadlines and transform a varied, high-volume workload into smooth workflows, and ultimately beautiful, legally-cleared results. This person will be joining during an exciting time of growth for the company and team. This role reports into the Creative Production Director and is based in New York.
- Draft, negotiate and closely review a wide range of agreements related to the production and licensing of still and video content, including agreements with production companies, estimates, talent, releases, and licenses for third-party assets
- Work closely with Production Director, Producers and Project Managers on all creative work going out the door, including but not limited to TV, Radio, Print, OOH, Banners and Paid Social
- Work closely with Marketing and Media to ensure we have deliverable specs and dates for trafficking and clearance.
- Work closely with Legal on drafting, reviewing and finalizing contracts and legal documents for any creative production engagement such as SOWs, music agreements and production insurance coverage
- Create and organize a system for all our past creative work and usage associated with it
- Advise and partner with creatives and producers on best practices for successful content creation in-house
- Collaborate with Production Director on ongoing future needs for contracts, releases and licenses and advise on best practices
- 5+ years experience in business affairs and will have working knowledge of both broadcast and digital projects
- A working knowledge of talent, music and entertainment agreements, guild and union regulations, contract law and intellectual property rights (as applicable to the creative industry)
- Understanding of print, video, digital and social media development
- Highly organized and motivated self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to earn the trust and respect of stakeholders in a complex, unstructured environment with loose timelines
- Extensive knowledge of SAG/AFTRA contracts
- Knowledge of digital and photography deal structures
- 5+ years as a Project Manager at a leading digital agency or tech product company
- Experience working on production and content acquisition contracts at a television network, motion picture studio, production company or digital media company
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.