Associate Business Affairs Manager
Squarespace is driven by great design in everything we do, and we believe that all ideas deserve to be presented beautifully. With that in mind, we are seeking a motivated and creative-first Business Affairs Manager who can liaise with many departments, including creative, production, legal, finance, marketing and media to ensure efficient and legally cleared final delivery of Squarespace’s global creative and content work.
You are an excellent communicator who can advocate for the best creative outcome through building relationships across multiple teams including Creative, Production, Marketing, Finance, and Legal. You are able to work under tight deadlines and effectively assess and advise the creative team under conditions of uncertainty in order to achieve beautiful, legally-cleared results.
- Assist in drafting agreements related to production such as production agreements, talent contracts, NDAs, property and locations releases, image and music licenses etc.
- Maintain tracking sheet containing usage terms and expiration dates of all assets with related third party permissions/rights
- Perform trademark, copyright, and internet searches for proposed branding, naming, taglines, design, etc.
- Assist with research to ensure proper clearance for all final creative
- Assist producers in obtaining accurate broadcast delivery specs to ensure efficient final clearance and trafficking
- Work with media companies to obtain post logs for television spots
- Assist producers in managing project folders, completion reports, project completion checklists and related documents
- Create requisitions and purchase orders in our financial system
- Submit and track vendor payments and update production budgets as needed
- Identify new processes and procedures to improve business affairs workflows
- 2+ years experience in a similar role at an advertising agency or other relevant experience
- Understanding of print, video, digital and social media creative campaign development
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate with and manage relationships throughout the production process.
- A working knowledge of talent, music agreements, guild and union regulations, contract law and intellectual property rights
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.