Account Manager, Technology & Telecommunications
BuzzFeed is looking for a detailed customer-service focused individual to help manage and support BuzzFeed's advertising operations. As the Account Manager, you will lead in the creation of strategic sales proposals, holistic multi-platform plans, ideas and concepts to solve client goals that are deeply rooted in storytelling and insights. You will serve as the client’s primary point of contact to ensure the success of the program.
This position is based in our New York office supporting our Technology and Telecommunications vertical.
- Partner with Sales in building successful client relationships, growing the partnership and in selling through BuzzFeed solutions and strategy.
- General knowledge of all aspects marketing strategies, the tech/telco industry, clients’ business and the ability to apply that knowledge to meaningful insights, counsel and planning for client needs and BuzzFeed assignments.
- Serve as the client’s primary point of contact for the program while providing reporting, monitoring program performance and delivery
- Partner with Creative, Production, Distribution, Research & Insights, and other internal teams to successfully launch and manage programs and production workflow
- Manage insertion orders within third-party and internal sales operations systems
- 3 years experience working at a publisher, media or creative agency managing a brand’s digital advertising strategy, creative development and buying activities
- Experience partnering with internal teams to brainstorm solutions that achieve client goals and future needs
- Ability to efficiently and effectively multi-task within short timeframes
- Experience in a client interfacing role and comfortable fostering relationships among multiple client teams - creative, media, technical and operational
- Worked on complex multi-touch point, production heavy, large spend programs with the proven success of client growth
- Experience reporting and monitoring program performance and delivery by working with distribution and advertising operations teams
- Understanding of technology and telecommunications industry - services, software/hardware products and sales cycles
- Proven project management experience and ability to navigate and communicate timelines and deliverables (internally and externally) with accuracy
- Experience and ability to tell the story using data, research and insights
- Google Product Suite, Keynote, Powerpoint, Excel, Basecamp, Slack and Boostr knowledge
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.