Account Manager / Account Executive
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
The Partnerships team at theSkimm is made up of experienced, resourceful, creative, scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done, whether that’s working with agencies and clients directly, seeking out third-party partnerships to drive incremental revenue alongside top of the funnel growth, or contributing to the growth and efficiency of our pre and post-sales operations. As we grow, we’re seeking an energetic, sales-oriented Account Manager who is ready to jump in, think outside of the box, and get creative with branded partnerships and native ad campaigns. theSkimm is for high performers who thrive off of seeing direct impact to their work, whether that’s through leveraging your deep agency connections or pounding the pavement and introducing theSkimm to a wide suite of brands and advertisers. This is not a typical sales role. theSkimm works hard to understand the marketing needs of our advertisers, and we develop creative and timely campaigns that add value to the lives of our members without jeopardizing the integrity of our voice and brand.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Manage the RFP process and create marketing plans for select business, which includes but is not limited to: native digital content, audio and video ad integrations, social media & event sponsorships
- Prospect and sell fee-based brand partnerships and native ad campaigns into top-tier ad agencies and clients direct
- Forecast, track and report on sales performance, meeting quarterly targets set by management
- Manage client communication from kick off to final reporting, includes but not limited to: scheduling kick off calls, building decks for campaign calls and meetings, sending campaign live notifications and screenshots, sending campaign updates and reporting
- Work closely with Skimm’rs across the company, including Client Services, Marketing, Analytics, Content & Editorial
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 4+ years of experience with digital or integrated media accounts, ideally including sales or the responsibilities of meeting or exceeding a quota or set book of business
- Thorough understanding of an RFP process and digital media operations
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Creativity is also a must.
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for theSkimm, our products, and the utility we offer to our audience.
- Willingness to thrive in a startup organization, highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and energetic
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- Biannual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered "Sip’n Skimm" on Fridays - a time to walk through our week's highs and lows as a team, usually over food, coffee or La Croix
- Twice-monthly “Skimm’e A Drink!” happy hours - a time to wind down with friends over a beer, wine or fruity beverage
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY