Regional Director, Europe
This job is located in Berlin, Germany. Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want a leader who is passionate about building high-performing teams and creating a community that developer’s love.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Regional Director in Europe will be responsible for growing our brand and developer community through localized go-to-market strategies. You will be responsible for building a dynamic team in our new German office to grow DigitalOcean’s business throughout Europe. You will have a meaningful impact both within the company and in the local developer community to bring products to market and grow adoption on a platform that is loved by thousands of developers worldwide.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Responsible for increasing user base and driving revenue growth in Europe
- Build out localized go-to-market strategy in key markets in Europe
- Grow the DigitalOcean brand through developer focused programs
- Serve as liaison in region to other teams at DigitalOcean
- Synthesize local developer market feedback for HQ
- Identify market opportunities and develop plans to capitalize on these
- Represent DigitalOcean as an evangelist at conferences, events, meetups and other activities within the local community
- Represent DigitalOcean with media and other PR opportunities
- Work with our product marketing leads to support product launches and developer education in region
- Secure partnerships and relationships that will help DigitalOcean’s penetration, trust and impact with the community
- Manage regulatory and operational needs of the local office
- Manage Europe operation and budget, and own and track critical business metrics
- Define, build, manage, and develop local team positioned to penetrate local market
What We Expect From You:
- Proven track record of recruiting, building and growing teams
- Tie in to tech start-up and developer communities
- Experience managing a P&L
- Strong network/relationships and ability to build strategic partnerships
- Local market knowledge/experience
- Developer advocacy and relations experience and tech acumen
- Experience as a leader within the tech/startup industry
- Community relations and partnership experience within the tech/startup community
- Experience building, growing and managing a small team
- Experience managing necessary business and office operations and budgets
- Demonstrated success of business impact, e.g. penetration/growth in new market, business & partnership development
Why You'll Like Working at DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.