Technical Program Manager
Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About this position:
Foursquare is looking for an adept Technical Program Manager to manage, report on, and deliver programs. This role is within PMO and will work closely with product and engineering to define goals, transform requests into actionable items, and maintain the scope of work. Additionally you will be engaged with engineering teams to breakdown/estimate work, track dependencies, build roadmaps, conduct planning sessions and report on assigned programs. We're looking for someone technical who can distill requirements from ambiguous requests, proactively work toward resolutions where challenges arise, maintain project plans, establish program roadmaps, and act as a positive driver to improve the overall quality of our organization. A passion to develop a working knowledge of our technology, strong communication skills, and pragmatic eye for processes optimization will help foster success in this role.
- Build out project plans, categorize work into appropriate programs/projects, and build/track against a roadmap.
- Must be able and willing to fill in as a Project Manager and/or Scrum Master capacity as necessary.
- Must be comfortable with managing/prioritizing own work in an environment with potentially broad asks to best meet expectations and drive success.
- Understand the goals of the program and guide alignment with OKRS.
- Identify and call out optimizations within the program to help guide the execution of work in an effective/efficient manner and promote long-term cost savings.
- Proactively communicate status and drive the resolution of challenges to unblock/clear bottlenecks.
- Ensure appropriate level of communication and initiative is taking place across stakeholders and owners of interdependent work streams.
- Develop working knowledge of technologies and distill critical information in order to guide/make informed decision/suggestions with the scope of the programs & underlying projects.
- Proactively seek to improve process and optimize for communication & collaboration with a strong sense of pragmatism.
- Identify and escalate tasks without clear ownership, or possibly take responsibility when necessary to help ensure that critical asks are delivered.
- Assess risk and identify/escalate/resolve blockers
- Foster an environment of transparency and alignment across all of the teams team(s)
- Act as a positive beacon for PMO embodying our core principles and building trust across the organization.
- 6-8+ years of experience in Technical Program Management for large-scale initiatives. Seeing programs from inception to delivery and thereafter.
- Understanding of various management frameworks/methodologies and if/when to pursue conforming to them.
- Clear and concise communicator with adequate experience/foresight to assess long-term impact of proposals/actions.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to help teams with project organization, estimation, and fostering healthy Agile practices.
- Ability to run focused meetings, facilitate discussion and present to senior leadership.
- Experience managing and overseeing Scrum Master work.
- Self-driven and confident in ability to execute.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to be a part of building our company and the products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.