Technical Program Manager, Special Projects
The Engagement team at Peloton builds products and features to our subscribed customers (Bike, Tread, Digital). We are constantly deepening our user experience to increase the motivation and interactions that happen with our hardware and content. In the past year, Peloton has expanded our product offering to include a Bike, Treadmill, and now digital product. During this expansion, our user’s needs have increased in complexity. As we’ve expanded in product offering, we are also expanding in the variety of platforms that deliver this amazing user experience.
In this role you will be responsible for managing and coordinating both exciting and complex strategic projects from inception, through execution and delivery. You will represent intricate system and architecture trade-off decisions and solutions to technical and business leaders, so that they understand options and decisions. This is a highly visible role where having excellent communication and organizational skills are vital; you will be representing the team through ongoing project reviews.
The ideal candidate will have functional and technical experience managing and launching consumer-facing products, inclusive of mechanical hardware, electronics, software, and cloud components. You should be imaginative, have a great understanding of systems, and be solutions-driven. You should be equipped to push for iterative development from prototyping to full product delivery for hardware and software integrated products. You should also have experience working with software and hardware vendors on driving key initiatives through definition, execution and delivery. Finally you should have a history of successfully launching large-scale projects to delivery.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Collaborate closely with Product Management, Hardware Teams and Software Teams
- Provide budget and cost estimation, project forecasting, resource allocation, and re-allocations
- Facilitate launch planning across multiple teams and work streams into a single timeline to meet launch readiness dates
- Work with vendors in testing and development
- Communicate status of the project to all stakeholders and business leaders
- Prioritize initiatives based on changing functional needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies
- Drive the team to architectural decisions and issue resolution, escalating as required
- Ensure that investments and initiatives are aligned with business requirements
- Have hands-on experience in project resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and budgeting
- Able to lead business partners in requirements gathering and visioning
- Have working knowledge of risk management, as well as standards and policies formulation
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
- Able to foster and build a collaborative working relationship with various stakeholders
- Have an understanding Agile development methodologies and be able to translate the concepts to events planning, business projects and sales/marketing
- More than 5 years of experience as an Engineering Project Manager or Technical Program Manager
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in related discipline