Technical Program Manager, Customer Operations
Technical Program Manager
At Squarespace, we all share a mission to empower people with creative ideas to succeed. As a Technical Program Manager (TPM), that means efficiently and seamlessly delivering the right products to our customers. A successful TPM enables teams to ship impactful work with as little friction as possible by systematically troubleshooting challenges and optimizing processes every step of the way.
The Internal Engineering team is looking for a TPM (Individual Contributor) to partner with our engineers to plan and deliver technical projects that enable our award-winning Customer Operations team to reach their goals—today and as we scale. The work you ship will directly support the Customer Operations team’s commitment to providing world-class, 24/7 support to our millions of customers.
You will partner with Engineering Leadership and the Customer Operations team to build and deliver on a technical roadmap. Projects include revamping our customer support tool and customer-facing Squarespace Help website, implementing and supporting third-party integrations (e.g. Zendesk, Aspect), and ensuring we have systems in place to collect and analyze advisor and customer metrics. You will also partner with Engineering Leadership and stakeholders to identify opportunities for process and product optimizations. You will be the point of contact for project communication regarding status, schedule, and scope updates, as well as track risks, dependencies, and blockers.
Throughout your work, you will identify and coach Engineering and Customer Operations stakeholders on process improvements for technical project planning and delivery. You will also partner with other TPMs to provide everyone at Squarespace with a set of tools and workflows to manage technical projects more efficiently and seamlessly.
This role is located in New York and reports to the Internal Engineering TPM Team Lead in New York.
- Understand the strategic vision for both Squarespace and Customer Operations and use this information to create a technical roadmap and corresponding project scopes
- Understand relevant Engineering systems and architecture and use this information to draft technical requirements for your projects in collaboration with your Engineering partners
- Work closely with Engineering Team Leads to ensure our engineers deliver products and features that meet these stakeholder and technical requirements
- Demonstrate a passion for understanding, analyzing, and meeting the needs of your customer (Customer Operations) and serve as their voice to the engineers
- Lead delivery of cross-functional projects throughout all lifecycle phases (initiation, scoping, execution, release), change and risk management, and ongoing product maintenance
- Ensure that clear, accurate, and relevant information about major initiatives is available to the relevant stakeholders on-demand
- Establish excellent working relationships with all partners to ensure blockers and dependencies can be quickly identified and resolved
- Drive constant process improvements across Internal Engineering and Customer Operations teams with a focus on increasing organization, transparency, and efficiency
- Proven track record of delivering cross-functional projects
- Firm understanding of technical architecture at previous companies
- Expertise in project management tools, such as Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence), and G Suite
- Ability to efficiently and effectively troubleshoot ambiguous challenges
- Commitment to fostering a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and trust
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Squarespace sends engineers to speak at and attend the most relevant and impactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.