Technical Program Manager (contract)
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
We are looking for a passionate and seasoned Technical Program Manager to join the International Team, the group at OnDeck with the mission to grow and support all aspects of our Australian and Canadian business units by leveraging cross-functional software development teams.
You will be responsible for enabling and ensuring great collaboration throughout the product development cycle of our products, while keeping true to tech, product & design principles. Your job will be to amplify the effectiveness of this complex, cross-disciplinary team, as well as collaborate with key International stakeholders.
As a Technical Program Manager at OnDeck on the International Team, you will:
Work with team leads, you will help drive, and own outcomes for key internal and cross-functional initiatives, in support of the Australian and Canadian business units. You will have a broad array of responsibilities including:
- Project Management (primary responsibility)
- Work closely with Australia and Canada business units to deliver valuable projects
- Manage multiple agile software development project teams through delivery
- Work with Scrum Master to ensure development team’s backlogs are groomed and planned in order to meet our commitments
- Establish, track, and communicate milestones and delivery dates
- Work with vendors and ensure they deliver on their commitments
- Support project management best practices within the International Team
- Track action items and decisions
- Ensure project status is communicated
- Identify stakeholders - who needs to be involved, who needs to be aware.
- Identify work streams and teams potentially impacted by new functionality
- Ensure central source of project information is created & maintained
- Facilitate effective meetings and ensure the team is collaborating at appropriate intervals
- Ensure engagement and signoffs from all stakeholders
- Ensure security and architecture reviews are occurring
- Help resolve blockers when they are identified
- Help make your project team be great
Necessary qualifications for success:
- You have at least 5 years working in technical project/program management roles, preferably in product teams working with small business products and complex systems
- You must have a PMP certification
- You have practical experience with agile and lean values, principles, and techniques
- You have experience running large, cross-functional software projects and can easily communicate status at a moment’s notice
- You are flexible, culturally sensitive and use your judgment to apply the model and approach that best fit with the context
- You are able and willing to travel internationally to support our Australia and Canada initiatives
- You confidently and coherently communicate across the organization, translating complex ideas and articulating trade-offs and challenges for stakeholders.
- You’re a supreme communicator within your team and bring clarity to the projects you take on: defining goals and success measures, freeing up lines of communication, identifying and removing blockers, encouraging collaboration, and, most importantly, continuously looking for ways to improve how we work.
- You are the glue that keeps software development projects together from conception to implementation. You ensure the right people across the organization are coming together to collaborate and deliver on functionality that moves the business forward.
- You are a champion of awesome
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC, Best Places to Work, 2018 (#16)
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**