Technical Account Manager
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
A Technical Account Manager is a key contributor, linking between the business, product and engineering teams. Technical Account Managers will develop and maintain a portfolio of partnerships made up of inventory, data, and client engagements. They will be responsible for helping partners in their day-to-day challenges by delivering innovative, scalable solutions and troubleshooting issues. We are looking to hire someone who understands web technology, learns fast, is not afraid of complexity, and is comfortable working with both clients and technical teams. The technical Account Manager not only has strong tech skills to troubleshoot some of the toughest issues but has strong soft skills as well.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Technical Account Managers oversee integrations with clients, inventory/publisher partners, data partners and others. The TAM is responsible for guaranteeing the technical aspects of the assigned partner integrations (both new and ongoing) by providing necessary documentation and technical guidance. They serve as liaisons between our partners and Engineering teams. This candidate isn’t expected to build software, but will be leveraging multiple technologies and tools to manage complex & custom integration projects. The Technical Account Manager should be a solution-oriented advisor and must be able to understand and communicate advanced engineering concepts to non-technical stakeholders. In addition to serving as a technical advisor the Technical Account Manager will also help identify new opportunities where our products can better help our partners’ businesses.
- Strong acumen for technical account problem solving - including analytic, troubleshooting, and general problem-solving abilities.
- Great written & verbal communication skills — this candidate will interact with some of our company’s largest clients and partners. It’s important to provide timely, professional customer service while making sure the projects stay on track. Candidates will also be responsible for documenting the client’s project and keeping the team up to date on the status of the project
- Project management abilities — this candidate will be managing long-term (multi-month) integrations, and will be responsible for setting timelines, keeping all stakeholders up to date, and independently driving the process forward. Superb attention to detail is an absolute must. Experience with a formal project management method is a plus.
- Ability to influence people — Clients often come in with an idea of what they want to do and this candidate will be responsible for advising them on the best possible solution, even if it’s not what the client initially thought they wanted. This person will become a technical expert and must be able to act accordingly to consult with the client on their best solution.
- Fast learner — Candidate must be able to quickly grasp & learn new technical subjects and be able to explain them to others.
- Selfless Team Player – The person in this role will interact with business, engineering, product and clients, representing many different types of personalities and opinions. Candidate must be able to communicate and navigate between all parties.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3+ years of work experience in a technical client-facing role
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university
- Proficient working knowledge of Excel, Office and Outlook is a must
- Experience with SQL, web technologies/web programming languages, and API’s is strongly preferred
- Demonstrable creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and perform in a fluid, fast-paced work environment
- Experience working with clients, product, and engineering teams - with the ability to break down complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with digital advertising technology is a major plus
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Trade Desk will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.