Strategic Sourcing Manager- Electromechanical
At Peloton, Strategic Sourcing Managers collaborate with Engineering teams to ensure we have a high quality, cost-effective supply base that is able to also deliver components to meet our production demand. As a Sourcing Manager, you will serve as the primary contact for internal teams and external partners/suppliers for sourcing and procurement. You'll identify key electromechanical components, identify potential suppliers and build consensus cross-functionally to qualify those suppliers. You'll lead and support the development, implementation, and management of global strategies to provide Peloton with optimal flexibility, quality, and supply assurance. Working closely with Product Management, Hardware/ Software Engineering, Industrial Design, Quality Engineering, and Operations teams, you will manage and maintain long-term supplier relationships.
- Identify opportunities for increased competitive bidding, smarter supplier relationships and more efficient processes. Collaborate with teams across the globe to speed up innovation.
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape relative to motors, sensors, power adapters and other electromechanical commodities.
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology
- Manage robust supplier selection processes using market analysis, concise request for proposals (RFPs), data driven approach and should cost modeling.
- Help drive quarterly executive business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives
- Manage all aspects of new supplier bring-up and execute to project timelines/schedules
- Support supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience in high volume manufacturing operations or sourcing environment
- 7+ years of direct experience in supplier/supply chain management
- Knowledge and sourcing experience related to high end fitness equipment
- Knowledge of basic supply agreement construction; understanding of key contracting provisions/requirements
- Extensive negotiation experience with global suppliers with a proven track record in cost reduction
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
- Strong influencing skills and change management experience with the ability to successfully manage complexity and multiple priorities.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.