Special Project Consultant
About Redesign Health
Redesign is a venture studio committed to tackling contemporary issues in healthcare. Working as a catalyst, Redesign develops and funds businesses focused on improving the quality and accessibility of modern healthcare solutions. Our core team consists of operators and investors with a track record of building multi-billion dollar businesses in the technology and healthcare sectors.Our long-term goal is to democratize access to innovative medical technologies and facilitate customers’ interactions with the healthcare system. We fund ventures with a $70mm+ permanent capital base raised from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs. Our first companies include Candid Co. and Lively.
About the job
Redesign Health is looking for an undergraduate student to help lead a research project throughout the Spring and Summer of 2019. We are looking for someone with a passion for healthcare and venture capital and who is a self-starter that produces high quality work with minimal oversight. The intern will work directly with senior team members on various assignments which will be shared across the organization. The role will likely require fewer than three hours of work per week and the work can be accomplished off-site. The role will allow an undergraduate the opportunity to gain experience in the exciting consumer healthcare market, begin networking with industry professionals and be introduced to the exciting challenges of healthcare new ventures.
- Explore and analyze the healthcare market and trends in the industry.
- Compile data on investment activity in the healthcare space.
- Identify key investment themes in venture capital and private equity to determine potential new business opportunities.
- Establish key performance indicators to measure activity in the space and improve monitoring capabilities.
- Publish a report twice a month presenting your findings in the space.
- Currently pursuing a full-time degree from an accredited university.
- Capable of planning, prioritizing and organizing work effectively and efficiently on an independent basis.
- Creative problem-solving skills.Bonus points for.
- Experience or deep interest in the healthcare space.
- Exposure to venture capital.