Senior Technical Program Manager: Efficiency Optimization
About The Opportunity
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager to oversee the development and execution of our team efficiency and continuous optimization programs across multiple locations, functions, and departments. This highly-visible role will use their experience in project management methodologies to drive the planning and execution of work across our Product and Technology teams while connecting and providing transparency to our business partners across the organization.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Lead the development and execution of programs to support improvements to our current onboarding and development processes, including running our Tech & Product Orientation, creating onboarding toolkits for managers and new hires, and new hire access coordination.
- Hold 30 & 90-day check-ins with all new technical hires, and facilitate the creation of materials to help new hires acclimate to their new roles as quickly as possible wherever they are across the globe.
- Build and maintain relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders within the Technology team, and bring expert problem-solving skills to study and understand overall team efficiency problems.
- Foster a positive culture of diverse collaboration and fun through leading efforts around team building, celebrating wins, running retrospectives, and implementing action plans to help teams operate efficiently and with purpose.
- Maintain effective communication with senior management to keep them aware of critical issues and develop action plans for addressing issues and removing roadblocks.
- Prepare and present regular status updates, including roadmaps, program summaries, and timelines.
- Comfortable with expanding to additional programs within the Technology team as assistance is needed within our collaborative, people-focused and KPI-driven agile organization.
- Partner with our People and Recruiting teams on constantly-changing priorities for hiring, plus help host and facilitate events that showcase our company and employees.
You Should Have
- Enthusiastic: You’ll need an optimistic, charismatic and outgoing personality in order to lead by influencing others and you’ll be a key part of making our workplace fun and energetic.
- Motivational: You’ll need the ability to motivate others by demonstrating a clear purpose for the team and how their work fits into the company’s strategy while facilitating a sense of autonomy and creating an environment where people can continue to master their craft through professional development.
- Adaptable: You’ll have the ability to dynamically adapt to shifts in priorities and projects, resolving contention and solving problems across Technology, Product and our business partners.
- Transparent: Your management style must be honest, transparent and authentic and you need the ability to build relationships and trust quickly.
- Critical thinking: You must be able to ensure that the programs we release will positively impact our business and not be afraid to be a voice of reason and authority when challenging the status-quo.
- 5+ years of experience as a Program Manager within a technology or e-commerce organization.
- Solid understanding of different software development lifecycle models and expert knowledge in agile and traditional principles, with the ability to blend processes to find the right fit for technology and our business.
- Strong technical knowledge to quickly earn the respect of our engineering team, and bonus points if you come from an engineering background.
- Experienced using JIRA for project tracking and transparency.
- A background in HR, change management or recruiting is a plus.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information