Senior Program Manager, Technical Operations
The TechOps organization strives to accelerate Flatiron’s mission to improve cancer care and learn from patient experiences by ensuring that our technical infrastructure and staff maintain the highest levels of reliability, performance, and agility. We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to be a key part of helping us fulfill this mission by guiding us to develop scalable processes and streamline visibility into project execution as we continue to grow rapidly.
What you'll do:
- Enable the TechOps teams to build and implement scalable solutions in an efficient way that reduces operational burden and drives down costs:
- Ensure delivery of and drive software projects with high technical risk and high coordination complexity.
- Establish targeted improvements to existing processes that enable the team to focus on building out a successful infrastructure platform that satisfies the short and long term strategy.
- Support product owners by managing customer expectations, stakeholder communications, project reporting and proper user story creation.
- Identify and facilitate conversations with the teams to address process gaps around execution, roll-out, and ongoing support of software projects.
- Enable TechOps teams to develop/execute project plans for the projects identified on the TechOps roadmap by guiding the teams in the development of project plans.
- Partner with product and engineering management to drive multiple teams in creation of detailed roadmaps based on their prioritization and strategic planning
- Enable teams in pristine project execution through tracking and communicating status regularly, and course-adjusting to mitigate internal and external risks
- Enable stakeholder management and visibility into what is happening with up & down stream internal customers and their respective operations through a clearly defined process
- Collaborate with product stakeholders to coordinate dependencies, and helping the teams to identify risks and opportunities.
- Coach TechOps Teams in the design & implementation of lean scalable processes and toolkits to guide internal operations, drive efficiency and decrease operational costs
- 5+ years of in one of the following roles: operations, project management, program management, engineering lead, product lead or management consultant.
- Experience performing the Scrum Master role or as an Agile coach.
- Strong project management skills and excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills; enjoys being hands-on, in the weeds at times
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing cross-functional teams
- Problem solving mindset and demonstrated ability to deliver results; ability to distill complex issues and translate them into concrete action plans
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong understanding of software projects’ development, roll-out, and support risks
- Strong technical aptitude: understanding of agile processes, technical roadmap terminologies, larger concepts such as APIs and SDLC
- Prior experience in a high-paced, fast-growing technology environment
- Ability to influence and align engineers, peers and stakeholders while fostering a collaborative culture and building relationships across the organization