Senior Manager, Global Customs and Trade Compliance
This individual is charged with developing, implementing, and monitoring an import/export trade compliance program considering our global inbound and outbound flows of raw materials through finished goods to customers. Key countries and regions include US, Canada, UK/ Europe, China, and Asia. Work cooperatively and proactively across functional areas to ensure compliance with all import and export laws, rules and regulations. Must have a working knowledge of import and export practices, customs regulations, harmonized tariff schedules, and import VAT rules. Must be analytical and detail oriented with strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
About the Team
The global Logistics team oversees the flow of our product from point of supply to our end customers worldwide. We manage a global network that aims to provide best-in-class service to all stakeholders. At Harry's, we're incredibly ambitious, and we've got big plans for the future. We’re fortunate to have all the benefits of a start-up - think fast-paced dynamic work culture, lots of autonomy and hyper-growth- along with the resources and stability that comes with being part of an established global business.
We live and breathe our values, and we strive to work collaboratively every day. Our NYC office is located in Tribeca and yes, as a start-up we have unlimited coffee, snacks and as many free shaving products as you require! And don’t worry, facial hair is allowed here at Harry's. We got you.
What you will accomplish:
- Assess current state of import and export operations, process, and compliance
- Create and implement internal policies and procedures that ensure company-wide compliance with U.S. and international customs regulations, shipping requirements, and trade laws
- Develop roadmap to drive improvements in import/ export compliance policy, process, and systems
- Responsible for developing and implementing training materials, SOP’s, and work instructions to support trade compliance requirements
- Responsible for the correct classification of Harry’s products in accordance with the global Harmonized Tariff System and regional export regulations (ECN) as well as Country of Origin determination
- Participate in/lead 3rd party service provider/ customs broker reviews and evaluations
- Stay current on import and export regulations and other applicable governmental initiatives that may impact existing and/or future requirements
- Lead regional/global projects for process improvements, KPI/metrics definition, and reporting
- Conduct internal audits and service provider audits to determine import and export compliance and develop corrective actions. Support external audit activities as needed
- Support cross-functional global trade compliance training activities
- Serve as a liaison to the leadership team regarding customs questions, direction and strategies
- Demonstrate leadership with internal and external stakeholders in the execution of projects and to achieve performance goals; Engagement in high-performance culture
This should describe you:
- 7+ years of import/export operations experience with focus on trade compliance, prior disclosures, and internal/external audit activities.
- Experience leading cross functional teams in business-wide initiatives
- Familiarity and understanding of Export Management Systems (such as SAP GTS).
- Familiarity with US FTR, EAR and CBP regulations.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems that arise in relations to trade compliance activities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of trade compliance regulations and requirements in the US, EMEA, and Asia regions.
- Strong knowledge of Incoterms.
- Sense of urgency with bias for action. A high level of motivation, discipline mindset, and self-starting capability required to achieve aggressive expectations.
- Strong communication skills and record of effective collaboration across different internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to build enduring professional relationships with local partners and service providers leading to outstanding performance.
- Strong track record of delivering best in class service levels, innovating and adopting new technologies to drive import/export trade optimization and compliance posture.
- US Customs Broker’s License is a plus.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Director, Global Logistics
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including but not limited to supply chain, legal, finance, distribution, manufacturing, and R&D.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.