Senior Associate, Fashion Operations
About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
The Fashion Operations team is responsible for building our liquidation, procurement, and merchandising operations for scale. As the Senior Associate, Fashion Operations you will contribute to strategic initiatives that are essential to evolving our inventory and merchandising operations. This heavily cross-functional role will have a clear understanding and impact on the operations of the Fashion team, including Buying, Site Merchandising, Sample Coordination, Planning, Inventory Procurement and Category Expansion.
Help build, execute, and scale liquidation channel expansion at RTR.
- Manage project roadmap and tests to expand our liquidation strategy, including new partnerships, sample sale markets, and optimizing in-house operations
- Work cross-functionally with Inventory Planning, FP&A, Legal, Operations, Retail, and Brand Marketing to explore different models, messages, and distribution channels for our retired inventory
- Understand the lifecycle of our inventory from procurement to retirement and identify opportunities to standardize condition scores by liquidation channel
- Lead process improvements and streamline communications with the Liquidation Operations team and third party partners
- Responsible for achieving revenue goals; own channel relationships and lead monthly business review calls with partners to review performance and opportunities
- Partner with Finance, Operations, and Partnerships to scale our donation and recycling network
Align processes, create training/documentation, and drive change management as we scale our merchandising operations.
- Develop workflows and communications across internal teams
- Partner with Tech and Engineering to identify opportunities for process efficiencies and product data integrity across merchandising systems
- Assist with changes to site merchandising and sample management processes to meet business needs across production, operations, and marketing
Develop our vendor relations program to enable teams to deliver and obtain information needed for successful vendor, item, and purchase order management.
- Build a vendor onboarding program to enable RTR teams to deliver timely, accurate, and professional support to all vendors
- Support projects and new tools to improve communication between vendors and internal business partners to ensure accuracy and integrity of our item setup
- Lead operational initiatives for vendor compliance, including a chargeback program and top of production sample testing
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic background
- 2-3 years of experience in Merchandising, Operations, Buying, Account Management, Product Management, Program Management, and/or Consulting
- Strong experience with data analysis, process improvement, creative problem solving, and cross-functional collaboration
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Passionate about continuous improvement and can incorporate changes to both tools and processes to drive optimal results
- Able to build scrappy solutions when needed while continuing to work towards more long-term and scalable tools
- Advanced Excel skills
- Familiarity with databases and SQL a plus
- Ability to learn new tools quickly
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future