Pager delivers a “doctor in your family” healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors and other members of the care team together through secure chat, voice and video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes and healthier lives. Started in 2014 and based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
Pager is hiring a Project Manager to manage key projects through development life cycles. You will partner with product & engineering leaders to set initiative deadlines, deliver them on time within budget and scope, actively monitor and report out the progress, and manage cross-team coordination.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients & company stakeholders
- Support scrum teams executing on owned projects with sprint planning & execution
- Must be based or relocate to NYC, but also be comfortable with periodic travel
- 3+ years of experience in a project management role with experience in all phases of a project lifecycle
- Proven process driven approach to managing projects
- Experience with software project management tools (e.g. Jira) is required
- Technology, SaaS, and/or start-up experience is preferred
- Exceptional communication skills and experience working with executive-level stakeholders
- Experience in healthcare is preferred
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.