About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the platform for office management. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the world’s leading investors, including Google Ventures, RRE, Homebrew, Greycroft, and Staples. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
About the role
You will be a key player on Q’s growing Project Management function. This role assists our customers managed space planning, lease analysis, design, phasing, scheduling, budgeting, renovation, full-build, and relocation projects for offices spanning across multiple industries and geographies. We are building the technology for the office space and this role will be managing the complex tasks and relationships associated with office build outs and renovations. To learn more about the history of Project Management at Managed by Q, take a look at this feature on the NVS acquisition.
- Lead project meetings. Prepare agendas and meeting recaps.
- Prepare RFP’s and manage a bid process (bid, level, interview, recommend award via an executive summary)
- Handle vendor management, to include Architects, Engineers, Expediters, Contractors, Furniture, and IT/AV/Security
- Maintain an overall budget and schedule
- Assist with lease negotiations to defining landlord work, HVAC language, end of term conditions
- Flag any clauses that create risk, hidden expense or hardship throughout tenant’s occupancy
- Read/understand architectural and engineering drawings, including IT/AV/Security
- Coordinate with PMs and Growth, Marketplace and Product teams
- 5+ years experience in Project or Property Management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Commercial Real Estate background a must and startup technology experience a plus
- Experience managing budgets and project schedules
- Strong bias for action
- Exciting opportunity at an ambitious company, that is creating the first operating system for the built world
- Competitive salary and flexible vacation policy
- Generous Stock Options
- No cost premium option for medical and dental insurance
- Casual dress and pet-friendly office
- Cold brew and Kombucha on tap
- Team lunches, happy hours and company outings
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG